SUUNTO LIMITED WARRANTY
Suunto warrants that during the Warranty Period Suunto or a Suunto Authorized Service Center (hereinafter Service Center) will, at its sole discretion, remedy defects in materials or workmanship free of charge either by a) repairing, or b) replacing, or c) refunding, subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty is only valid and enforceable in the country of purchase, unless local law stipulates otherwise.
The Limited Warranty Period starts at the date of original retail purchase.
The Warranty Period is two (2) years for Products unless otherwise specified.
The Warranty Period is one (1) year for accessories including but not limited to wireless sensors and transmitters, chargers, cables, rechargeable batteries, straps, bracelets and hoses.
Exclusions and Limitations
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- a) normal wear and tear such as scratches, abrasions, or alteration of the color and/or material of non-metallic straps, b) defects caused by rough handling, or c) defects or damage resulting from use contrary to intended or recommended use, improper care, negligence, and accidents such as dropping or crushing;
- printed materials and packaging;
- defects or alleged defects caused by use with any product, accessory, software and/or service not manufactured or supplied by Suunto;
- non-rechargeable batteries.
Suunto does not warrant that the operation of the Product or accessory will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the Product or accessory will work with any hardware or software provided by a third party.
This Limited Warranty is not enforceable if the Product or accessory:
- has been opened beyond intended use;
- has been repaired using unauthorized spare parts; modified or repaired by unauthorized Service Center;
- serial number has been removed, altered or made illegible in any way, as determined at the sole discretion of Suunto; or
- has been exposed to chemicals including but not limited to sunscreen and mosquito repellents.
Access to Suunto warranty service
You must provide proof of purchase to access Suunto warranty service. For instructions how to obtain warranty service, visit www.suunto.com/warranty, contact your local authorized Suunto retailer, or call Suunto Contact Center.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable mandatory laws, this Limited Warranty is your sole and exclusive remedy and is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied. Suunto shall not be liable for special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of anticipated benefits, loss of data, loss of use, cost of capital, cost of any substitute equipment or facilities, claims of third parties, damage to property resulting from the purchase or use of the item or arising from breach of the warranty, breach of contract, negligence, strict tort, or any legal or equitable theory, even if Suunto knew of the likelihood of such damages. Suunto shall not be liable for delay in rendering warranty service.