Warranty Information for Suunto Products
Suunto warrants that during the Warranty Period Suunto or a Suunto Authorized Service Center (hereinafter Service Center) will, at its sole discretion, remedy defects in materials or workmanship free of charge either by a) repairing, or b) replacing, or c) refunding, subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty is only valid and enforceable in the country of purchase, unless local law stipulates otherwise.
Warranty Period for Marine Compasses
The Warranty Period starts at the date of retail purchase by the original end user purchaser. The Warranty Period is five (5) years for marine compasses.
To the extent your national laws permit, the Warranty Period will not be extended or renewed or otherwise affected due to subsequent resale, Suunto authorized repair or replacement of the Product. However, part(s) repaired or replaced during the Warranty Period will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period or for three (3) months from the date of repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
Exclusions and Limitations
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
1. a) normal wear and tear, b) defects caused by rough handling, or c) defects or damage caused by misuse contrary to intended or recommended use;
2. User manuals or any third-party items;
3. Defects or alleged defects caused by the use with any product, accessory, software and/or service not manufactured or supplied by Suunto;
4. replaceable batteries.
This Limited Warranty is not enforceable if item:
1. Has been opened beyond intended use;
2. Has been repaired using unauthorized spare parts; modified or repaired by unauthorized Service Center
3. Serial number has been removed, altered or made illegible in any way, as determined at the sole discretion of Suunto;
4. Has been exposed to chemicals including but not limited to mosquito repellents.
Suunto does not warrant that the operation of the Product will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the Product will work with any hardware or software provided by a third party.
Access to Suunto warranty service
You must have proof of purchase to access Suunto warranty service. For instructions how to obtain warranty service see the section ‘Repair Services’ or contact our Customer Support.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable mandatory laws, this Limited Warranty is your sole and exclusive remedy and is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied. Suunto shall not be liable for special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of anticipated benefits, loss of data, loss of use, cost of capital, cost of any substitute equipment or facilities, claims of third parties, damage to property resulting from the purchase or use of the item or arising from breach of the warranty, breach of contract, negligence, strict tort, or any legal or equitable theory, even if Suunto knew of the likelihood of such damages. Suunto shall not be liable for delay in rendering warranty service.