Using 3D compass
Suunto Ambit2 R has a 3D compass that allows you to orient yourself in relation to magnetic north. The tilt-compensated compass gives you accurate readings even if the compass is not horizontally level.
The compass is a temporary display that needs to be activated.
To activate the compass:
- While in a sport mode, keep pressed to enter the options menu.
- Scroll to Activate with and select with .
- Scroll to Compass with and select with .
compass mode includes the following information:
- middle row: compass heading in degrees
- bottom row: toggle between the current heading in cardinal (N, S, W, E) and half-cardinal (NE, NW, SE, SW) points, time and empty view with
The compass will switch itself to power saving mode after one minute. Reactivate it with.
For information on using compass during exercise, see Using compass during exercise.