Suunto Traverse Alpha is water resistant to 100 meters (330 feet), which is equivalent to 10 bars. The meter value relates to an actual diving depth and is tested in the water pressure used in the course of the Suunto water resistance test. This means you can use the watch for swimming and snorkeling, but it should not be used for any form of diving.
Water resistance is not equivalent to functional operating depth. The water resistance marking refers to static air/water tightness withstanding shower, bathing, swimming, poolside diving and snorkeling.
To maintain water resistance, it is recommended to:
- never use the device for other than intended use.
- contact an authorized Suunto service, distributor or retailer for any repairs.
- keep the device clean from dirt and sand.
- never attempt to open the case yourself.
- avoid subjecting the device to rapid air and water temperature changes.
- always clean your device with fresh water if subjected to salt water.
- never knock or drop the device.