The Suunto Movescount for Android is now available for mobile devices that run Android 4.3 or later.
Make every Move count with the Suunto Movescount App. Easily track speed, distance, route and calories. Add photos, create a Suunto Movie and share your experiences instantly.
Suunto Movescount for Android is being released as an open beta to understand what devices and Android phones are being used by Movescount members. New updates with improvements and bug fixes will be released regularly during the following weeks.
You can follow the progress of our open beta at http://movescountandroidbeta.com/ and participate with feedback and in discussions.
- Sync your Ambit3 Peak, Sport or Run wirelessly with Movescount on supported devices
- Track your sports on your smartphone with speed, distance, route, calories
- View the map during your exercise
- Analyze and measure your progress in detail in Movescount.com
- Create a Suunto Movie of your Move with 3D map, key metrics and images
- Share your experience instantly to your social media networks
- Customize your Ambit3 on the go
- You can change general settings offline (e.g. device language, tone settings, time format). Customizing sport modes requires an internet connection over Wi-Fi or cellular. Carrier data fees may apply on cellular connections.
What doesn’t the first versio of Android Open Beta have compared to the Movescount App iOS?
- Workout planner
- Notifications from your Android phone to Ambit3
- Available in English only
- Smart Sensor memory support
- Suunto Ambit3 second screen support
- Take photos during your Move showing your current speed, distance, and more
Pair your Ambit3 with The Movescount App for Android by following these steps
Using your Ambit3 with the Android App requires Ambit firmware version 1.5.44 or later. To update your Ambit3 firmware, please see the instructions at www.suunto.com/ambitsoftwareupdates.
Start Suunto Movescount App and turn on Bluetooth if it is not on already. Leave the app running in the foreground.
1. Enter Ambit3's options menu by keeping [Next] pressed and scroll to [Pair]
2. Select [Mobile app] with [Next]
3. A pop-up screen opens on your Android device. Select [Pair]
4. Enter the passkey shown on your watch display into the paring request field on your mobile device and tap [Pair].