We're excited to announce #SuuntoChallenge - a group of physical conquests from our athletes and amassadors that you can take part in to earn a chance at winning free gear! Suunto athletes and ambassadors are encouraging you to take your training to the next level. For the next six weeks, athlete video challenges will be posted to the Suunto Facebook page. Enter the quest that best suits you and share photos and videos of your progress by using #SuuntoChallenge and by following and tagging the athlete whose challenge you are undertaking. You will have two weeks to complete each opportunity. Weekly winners will be chosen to receive an Ambit2 S to help further their training, and the grand prize winner will receive $1,500 in gear of their choice from Salomon, Suunto, Arc'teryx and Atomic! Participate in as many of these missions as you choose. The more you share and use the #SuuntoChallenge, the greater your chances of winning.
Our first round of athlete challenges includes:
1. Brody Leven - @brodyleven -Brody challenges you to use one of your favorite sports to access another of your favorite sports.
2. Kim Havell - @kimhavell -Kim is working with Mountain Athlete in Jackson, WY and challenges you to do 500 step-ups with a 15 lb pack faster than she does!
3. Matt Flaherty - @mattaflaherty -US 50 Mile Champion trail runner Matt Flaherty challenges you to work on your running weakness, whether it's hills, technical trails, your long run, etc.
4. Emma Garrard - @emmagarrard -Emma faces the challenge of having to make time for training with her little boy, Torin. Emma's challenge is for anyone who has something else demanding their attention. Whether it's your kid(s), dog, significant other, etc., she challenges you to work them into your training over the next two weeks.
5. Josiah Middaugh - @josiahmiddaugh - Xterra National Champion, Josiah, challenges you to work on your bike-to-run transition and run off the bike three days per week for the next two weeks.
This first round of challenges will finish on June 22, 2014 and the next round will begin on June 23, 2014. To enter you must click on #SuuntoChallenge on our Facebook page here and then you must use the #SuuntoChallenge hashtag in a Facebook, Instagram or Twitter when you post your picture and also tag the athlete who corresponds with the challenge you chose.
Learn more about #SuuntoChallenge here and find out how you can take your training to the next level with the Ambit2 S
PLUS, for a limited time, receive a free three-month premium trial membership to Strava with the purchase of any Ambit watch.