Suunto DM5 and Movescount
The Suunto DM5 software program allows you to track and analyze all of your dive logs and plan your future dives. With DM5 you can customize your Suunto EON Steel and update the device firmware. Download Suunto DM5 from www.suunto.com/dm5.
Mono framework is required when using DM5 on a Mac.
Movescount is an online sports community that integrates with Suunto DM5. Through Movescount your can share your dives with others.
Synchronizing logs and settings
To be able to synchronize logs and settings, you need to first install Suunto DM5 (see Suunto DM5 and Movescount).
To download logs from your Suunto EON Steel and sync settings:
- Start Suunto DM5. If you are also using Suunto Moveslink, exit Moveslink before proceeding.
- Connect your Suunto EON Steel to your computer with the USB cable.
- Wait for the syncing to complete.
New dive logs appear in the DM5 Dives list on the left sorted by date and time.
Suunto DM5 is required to install new firmware for your Suunto EON Steel. If a new firmware version is available, you are notified when you plug in the USB cable.
Before updating the firmware, make sure the USB is securely connected. The cable must not be unplugged until update process is completed.
Watch the video on YouTube.
To update firmware:
- Select Suunto EON Steel from the devices list in DM5 If you are also using Suunto Moveslink, exit Moveslink before proceeding.
- Synchronize if needed.
- Click update and wait for the update process to complete. This may take 10 minutes or more.