We are looking for a
Senior Software Engineer
to join our Digital Services / Software Development Team at Suunto Headquarters in Vantaa, Finland:
Do you have a passion for gaming, sports and adventure? This is an opportunity to combine those passions and develop the next generation sports and adventure inspired gaming ideas. This is a great opportunity to develop global consumer interface in sports industry and join Suunto's dynamic atmosphere where the nature of business and products links to active life and latest technology.
As Senior Software Engineer you are part of the team working with Movescount.com and Suunto.com services. The goal for this role is to develop great user experience in Suunto online world using cutting edge technologies. In this role you will ensure that we have a solid high performance backend system for Movescount. Your main task is to design and maintain Movescount backend to be highly available with state of the art tools and technologies. You work as a part of web development team in an agile environment. In this position you report to Software Development Manager and are located in Vantaa.
- Development and maintenance of Suunto's digital products and services
- Architecture responsibility
- Process development (deployments, development tools, servers)
- Quality (performance, security, maintainability, testability)
- Follow and research new technologies
- Team working skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience with .NET framework and SQL Server (e.g. C#, ASP.NET, MVC3/4/5, WCF)
- Experience in Big Data systems (NOSQL etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in Visual Studio IDE and SQL Server Management Studio
- Experience in Cloud services (AWS, Azure etc)
- Understanding of issues faced in large-scale deployments and high-traffic web sites.
- Working knowledge of OO development principles, multi-tier web application design, and relational database principles.
- Experience with test driven development and automated testing frameworks for unit, integration and performance testing
- Good communication skills; both verbal, written and interpersonal, able to articulate technical issues clearly.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile Development Methodologies
To an ideal candidate we will offer challenging work with highly esteemed global brand along with competitive salary package and possibility to work with skilled, sports loving Suunto team. To your application, please include your CV, short motivation letter along with your salary request. Please apply by 24th of August 2014 through this link or by e-Mail.
For further information and applications, please contact Arja Martikainen at +358 407 621 564 or firstname.lastname@example.org.