We are looking for a
Test Engineer with Project responsibilities
to join our Technology Solutions team in Suunto headquarters in Vantaa
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to test it all; mechanics, hardware, embedded and system software, whilst also having sub-project management responsibilities. You will also be part of world class quality controls for high tech consumer products for global markets in a challenging technology environment.
Your main task is to perform tests and ensure high quality testing activities in various maintenance and variants projects together with our subcontractors and team of colleagues of testing professionals.
As a test engineer you also challenge the other team members to improve the overall test harness (methods and tools) to improve our capability to perform better and higher quality testing. Your role is to help the team to keep the quality of the end products as high as it takes to exceed the consumer expectations. Most of your work will be focusing on a current project but in case you have interest and competence you may be participating on other technology development issues in the testing arena as well. Technical challenges arise from effective and maintainable test activities as well as finding the correct, efficient and reliable testing methods for various different testing challenges.
You enjoy working with end products which you will experience yourself, and like working as a member of a team.
- Performing testing activities in areas of mechanics, hardware, embedded and system software
- Participate in developing test harness (methods and tools)
- Development of the test sets and test cases
- Driving the testing sub-project
Requirements and skills:
- Testing related project management skills
- Excellent testing skills in areas of mechanics, hardware, embedded and system software
- Good understanding of ESS/HAST/HALT and related testing methods
- Good understanding of electronics
- Understanding of LabView and Robot Framework
- Experience with testing methods and attitude in the world of Agile methods and Scrum
- Understanding of test tools in general, including test automation tools
- Understanding of GPS
- Good mathematical skills
- Good communication skills in Finnish and English
- Right attitude, good teamwork skills and passion for your work
- Minimum of 5 years experience on different testing activities.
- Bachelor of Science / Master of Science level education
We also value:
- Knowledge of Python
- Understanding of Computer Vision
Please send your application and curriculum vitae in confidence by Monday 18.6.2013 to Tomi Nurmi. For further information, please contact email@example.com or via mobile +358 40 562 3590.