The following Terms and Conditions apply to Spot Suunto Contest (“Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not improve your chances of winning. By entering into the Contents entrants agree to be bound by the following Terms & Conditions:
- The Contest is organized and administered by Suunto, Valimotie 7, FI-01510 Vantaa, Finland, (the “Promoter”). The Competition is open to all legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, Denmark, Germany, Spain, France, Norway, Poland, Switzerland, Finland, Sweden, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Russia, Canada, China, Australia, New Zealand (the “Territory”), who are aged sixteen (16) and over, and have an Pinterest account. However, the Competition is specifically closed to (i) Suunto employees, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee and any person whom, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, should be excluded due to their involvement or connection with this Contest; (ii) any other company, organization or person assisting or connected with the Contest and (iii) persons in jurisdictions where the Competition is prohibited by national or international law or regulation. The Contest is void outside the Territory, in Puerto Rico, all US territories and possessions. Void where prohibited.
- Acceptance of the rules is a condition of entry and entry instructions form part of the rules. Entry indicates acceptance of rules.
- The Contest begins on May 1 at 00:01 Central European Time ("CET") and ends on May 22 at 00:00 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Pinterest's servers are the official time-keeping devices for the Contest.
Enter through Pinterest: Follow Suunto’s Pinterest account and during the Promotion Period, find pictures of Suunto watches appearing on TV, in a movie or in the press, worn by a celebrity or an athlete, or post a photo you have taken yourself. Pin the photos to Pinterest with a hashtag #SuuntoSpotted.
- Promoter's decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. The Promoter will randomly draw three (3) potential Contest winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around May 28, 2015. The potential winners will be notified via the accounts by which they entered. The Promoter will comment on the Pinterest pins with directions. Potential winners will be asked to respond to these messages to (1) provide mailing address and (2) confirm control of the Pinterest account within the time frame requested to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to provide any other requested information, within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) winners will be selected, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 4-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
- Contest prize is a Suunto Core Graphite Crush watch (approximate retail value: 320€) and the Promoter will draw three (3) pieces of the prize. All features of the watch will be determined by Promoter at its sole discretion. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
- As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing) to the extent permissible by law: (a) to release Promoter and members of the jury, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (“Released Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- By submitting entry materials you warrant and represent that: (a) it does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity (for detailed information, see Pinterest copyrights policy https://about.pinterest.com/en/copyright) (b) you have obtained permission from any person whose name, image or likeness is used in the entry materials (if a minor is featured in the entry materials, permission must be obtained from the minor’s parent/legal guardian), and (c) that publication of the entry materials via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Promoter from any claims to the contrary.
Entry materials must not contain (i) any obscene, foul, defamatory, or inappropriate language, as determined by Promoter, in its sole discretion; (ii) any content or performance that is sexually explicit, sexually suggestive, offensive, illegal, pornographic or obscene or that is in bad taste or is otherwise objectionable to Promoter, in its sole discretion; (iii) libelous or otherwise defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group); (iv) threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace; or (v) any commercial content that promotes any product or service (other than those of Promoter).
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes each winner’s consent to Promoter’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration and constitutes entrant’s consent to give Promoter a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such entry materials in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
- Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion. In such event, Promoter, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Promoter reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- These rules and any dispute or difference arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Finnish law. The Promoter and each entrant irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Finland over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with these rules or the legal relationships established by this agreement.
- For a winner list, visit http://www.suunto.com/News/. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2015 Suunto. All rights reserved.