We are looking for a Compliance Engineer to join our Quality & Operational Excellence team at Suunto headquarters in Vantaa
Do you want to have a positive impact on the way people live an active and adventurous life? We think it's exciting to build the best active lifestyle and adventure products that money can buy. Also, we have an amazing team of skilled, supportive and fun colleagues for you to work with.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to contribute to high tech consumer product solutions for global markets in a challenging technology environment. Your main task is to be an active member in product programs, define the compliance requirements and ensure that they will be implemented. Your responsibility area regarding compliance covers the whole product life cycle.
To succeed in this role you should have understanding of different engineering disciplines from mechanics, electronics, packaging and design of products that are used in harsh environment. You enjoy working as a member of a team developing products that you can experience yourself.
- Responsible for that product regulatory requirements are identified and met
- Develop product compliance plans including test management, approval applications and component qualifications in product programs
- Coordinate creating and maintaining product compliance documentation
- Monitor regulatory requirements, initiate needed product changes and maintain full compliance during whole product life cycle
- Manage relevant partnerships
- Keep company up-to-date on new and changing information in the field of compliance engineering practices and standards
- Participate in related process development and improve ways of working
We expect the suitable candidate to have the following qualifications and skills:
- The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience development/testing consumer electronics for example regarding product safety, radio, EMC and environmental compliance
- Demonstrated experience in project work
- Detail oriented with strong documentation skills
- Proactive working style
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills in Finnish and English
- Suitable Masters/Bachelor degree in Engineering
If you see this as a motivating next step in your career, please send your application and curriculum vitae in confidence by November 2nd 2017 via this link.
For further information, please contact Terhi Siimes, Head of Quality & Operational Excellence, email@example.com, 040-7706758. Terhi is available on October 20th between 10.00-11.00, and October 31st between 10:30 – 11:30.