We are looking for a skilled and passionate Industrial Designer to join our UX & Design team in Vantaa, Finland.
We are looking for a strong, hands-on 3D + 2D Industrial Designer to develop innovative upstream designs of our products. Working in the Industrial Design team you will be designing our future products and CMF, formulating a Suunto ‘world class’ product experience. Our Industrial Design team is part of the UX & Design team of Amer Sports Connected Devices and Digital Services unit. It is responsible for the visual design, Colour Material Finish -design and Packaging Design of our products and wearables. We work cross-category on projects from start to finish.
In this position, your overall focus is on design of our new products: Interrogating, investigating, proposing and innovating our products and wearables. You’ll work alongside a hugely talented team of designers, initiating early concept stage product design and design development.
Key activities for the role are:
- Design our products: You will define the design, layout, material and process for our products with a user centred and ‘best in class’ approach.
- Design our CMF: You will create new Colour Material Finish designs for our products. While challenging the status quo, you will generate ideas that are both product-enhancing and innovative.
- Prototyping and demonstration: You will be able to bring your ideas and designs to life through sketching, illustration, 3D modelling, rendering and physical prototype rigs. (Illustrator, Photoshop, 3D CAD etc.)
- User trials and insights: You will help to user trial options when needed to make a decision or validate a design. Managing/working with those responsible for insights, user trials and competitor analysis.
- Collaboration: You will work closely with our UI & UX Design team to create outstanding products, as well as R&D, engineering, insights and commercial teams.
- Communication: A key part of this role is to clearly communicate complex information in many different formats. These include graphical, verbal/presentation, interactive prototype demo’s etc.
What we expect from the candidate
- A degree in a relevant product/industrial design discipline or equivalent.
- A creative, self-driven and hands on 2D and 3D designer with ability to work independently.
- Excellent product focused design skills – layout, graphics, sketching, prototyping along with problem solving and analytical skills.
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively in cross-functional teams throughout the product development cycle.
- Assertive and diplomatic - a great collaborator
- A great eye for detail and a sensitivity to the visual aspects of a product.
- Actively interested in new materials, technology advances and CMF design.
- Ability to understand a layout and technical constraints quickly in order to suggest the appropriate course of action
- Product minded – you are always looking to improve a product while focusing on the user experience
- Software Tools (preferable, not essential) – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, 3D CAD, KeyShot.
- Comfortable with ‘failure’ in the context of multiple iterations of testing and learning.
This position is within Amer Sports Connected Devices and Digital Services category and Suunto. We offer an excellent working environment with great colleagues in the heart of sporting life. We strive to create a workplace characterized by our values – determined to win while showing team spirit, fair play and innovation.
If you feel you are the right talent for this role and want to help take Suunto design forward, apply now via this link. Latest date to apply is 7th August 2019.