We are looking for motivated and self-driven System Project Manager to join our Strategy and Business Development team at Suunto, Vantaa, Finland.
Do you want to have a positive impact on the way people live an active and adventurous life? We, at Suunto, build the most reliable and robust products that our consumers take to their adventures in the deepest oceans and the highest mountains. If you want to join the ride, keep on reading!
We are looking for System Project Manager to develop and maintain our key product information system capabilities and processes. In this role, you will study the business needs and requirements of our Product Development, Marketing and Supply Chain Management -functions, and translate them into a development roadmap. You will lead system development projects and drive improvements to the related product information processes. You will work together with the teams across the Suunto functions and you are our liaison towards the Amer Sports IT organization as well as the external system suppliers. You will report to Director, Strategy and Business Development.
Main responsibility areas in this role are:
Responsible for development and maintaining of technical product data management (PDM) and commercial product information management (PIM) and digital asset management (DAM) system capabilities and related processes for Suunto
- Collaborating closely with teams in Product development, Marketing and Supply Chain Management to capture and analyze their business requirements, and creating concepts and development initiatives
- Managing and prioritizing IT system capability development roadmap and backlog together with the system business owners
- Running IT system capability development project activities including development of business processes, systems and data-architectures
- Administrating and maintaining product information management systems and data-architecture, acting as a super-user
- Acting as a liaison by building, maintaining and cultivating close and trusted relationship between business functions and external system providers and Amer Sports IT
- Engaging organization to deploy product information systems to operations and provide change management, training, support and guidance to business owners and key users
What makes you successful in this role?
This is a great opportunity for the one, who wants to work in a fast changing and challenging technology environment. Genuine interest in digital technology solutions and sports wearables will help you adapt to our field of business and working environment. To succeed, we would appreciate the following skills and qualifications:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in the field of IT or engineering
- Willingness to take responsibility and work independently in a cross-organizational setting
- Understanding of high technology product and business processes in consumer goods business
- Mindset of an analytical thinker and accomplished executor
- Excellent project management skills with experience on running IT capability development projects, preferably in the areas of product information systems (PDM, PIM, DAM)
- Experience in constructive collaboration with stakeholders, management and system suppliers
- Stamina to work under pressure and push projects further
- Knowledge of change management
- Strong communication, negotiation and people skills
- Experience of working with Windchill PDM system is an advantage
What do we offer?
You will be part of Suunto team within a fast-moving consumer wearables market. Suunto offers an interesting and versatile working environment globally. We continuously experiment with new technologies and introduce digital solutions to the Suunto and other Amer Sports’ brands. We offer an excellent working environment with great colleagues in a heart of sporting life. We strive to create a workplace with an atmosphere of passion and adventure.
If you believe there’s a match with your profile and this role, apply via this link latest by January 19th, 2020.
If you need additional information, please contact Talent Acquisition Business Partner Pia Santanen via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.