Suunto app is the future of our digital services and is compatible with Suunto 9 and Suunto Spartan. A lot of great stuff is coming and we’ll keep you updated in the app as we add the awesomeness. This page shares some details about Suunto app and tips for using it alongside our original service Suunto Movescount. You can also find this guidance in the ‘help and feedback’ section of Suunto app.
Here are some key need-to-knows:
There are two ways to use Suunto app:
- Join/continue participating in the beta community, where you will be among the first to experience the latest updates and features: find out more here
OR (*Note that you can only have either the beta version or the live, public version at one time on your mobile device)
- Download the live, public version of Suunto app for iOS or Android
- If you are new to Suunto: Register with email or Facebook
- If you are an existing Movescount user: Register with email (doesn’t have to be the same as for Suunto Movescount.
- If you are previously or currently a Sports Tracker user:
- to sync existing workout history from Sports Tracker app, use the same email used with Sports Tracker or login with Facebook (if that is how you registered originally)
- If you want to start fresh, create a new account with a different email.
What you need to take Suunto app into use:
- Suunto Spartan software must be 1.2.36 or later.
- Compatible mobile device (read more)
Using Suunto app and Suunto Movescount together
For Suunto 9 and Suunto Spartan owners: to have the best user experience with the Suunto app and Suunto Movescount app, proceed with the following steps:
- un-pair your watch from the Suunto Movescount app (Choose to ‘forget’ your Suunto 9/Spartan)
- remove your Suunto 9/Spartan from ‘My devices’ in iPhone bluetooth settings
- uninstall the Suunto Movescount app from your iPhone.
To use Suunto app in parallel with Suunto Movescount, sync your Suunto 9/Spartan with SuuntoLink
- Use SuuntoLink to transfer your moves and activity data to your Suunto Movescount account as the Suunto app does not transfer your data to your Suunto Movescount account.
For more FAQ related using Suunto app and Suunto Movescount together, read here