This article covers the most common pairing issues between the Suunto 3, 5, 9 or Spartan watch models and the Suunto app for Android.
- You cannot pair your watch to the Suunto app and/or have had issues with the pairing.
- You have not received a passkey when pairing your watch.
- You cannot find your watch on the list when you try to pair it.
- You want to start using the Suunto app, but you still have the Movescount app installed.
- Make sure you have the latest Suunto app version installed. Go to your App Store and check for any available updates and install them (if any).
- Make sure your device is running the latest software. Connect it to SuuntoLink on your computer and the program will automatically check for any available updates. Learn how to update your device to the latest software.
In most cases, the pairing issues will be fixed if you follow these simple steps:
- Make sure you do not have the Movescount app installed on your phone. If you do, please uninstall it, restart your phone and start the pairing process again.
- Turn on/off your phone's Bluetooth. All Android devices feature a Bluetooth toggle switch in the Settings menu or in the Status bar drop-down menu that, when tapped, enables/disables Bluetooth for the device.
- Alternatively, you can restart your phone (the procedure varies from phone model to phone model) and reset your watch (the reset procedure varies too, please check this FAQ to identify the correct way for your watch).
If all of the above failed to solve the issue, you should check the following items that might interfere with the connection.
- Check if the watch is already paired with the phone: go to the phone's Bluetooth settings and if it appears as a paired device, please remove it and start the pairing process again.
- Check if the watch appears to already be paired with an app: go to the watch's settings and in Connectivity - under Paired devices and check if it is paired. Remove the pairing and restart your watch (go back to the watch face to restart the watch).
- Check that both devices (watch and phone) have their Bluetooth turned on and Airplane mode turned off. Go to the watch's settings - Connectivity - Discovery and toggle the switch to green (if it isn't already). For more information on the pairing process, check out this video here.
This issue might appear in 2 situations:
- when the PIN query doesn't show up directly on the phone. It might be the case that your phone is showing the PIN query as a notification. We recommend you start the pairing again and swipe down the Status bar drop-down menu and check the notification from there. If this fails to solve the issue, please go through the indications detailed in the section above ("Pairing fails...")
- when the Do not disturb mode is turned on:
- Open the shortcuts menu from the watch face by keeping the middle button pressed.
- Turn Do Not Disturb mode off (the toggle must be grey).
Make sure your watch is awake: press the middle button, and then, in the watch's settings make sure the following options are set accordingly:
- Airplane mode is off: Settings - Connectivity - Airplane mode off.
- Bluetooth discovery is on: Settings - Connectivity - Discovery on.
- Power saving is off: Settings - General - Power saving off.
If your watch is paired with another mobile app e.g.the Suunto Movescount App, follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
Having both apps installed on your phone and using them simultaneously will cause pairing and connectivity issues with your watch. We strongly recommend uninstalling the Movescount App and pairing your watch with the Suunto app. This does not apply to S3 and S5. Please go through the following steps to remove the Movescount app pairing:
- On your watch:
Go to the watch's Settings - select Connectivity - then Paired devices and select Mobile App and Forget.
- On your phone:
After deleting the Movescount app, go to your iPhone's settings - select Bluetooth and remove the watch from the list of connected devices.