Standby and deep sleep
Standby and deep sleep are two functions that are designed to prolong battery life. Standby is an adjustable mode that turns off the screen after a set amount of time if Suunto EON Steel is not used.
To adjust the standby time:
- Keep the middle button pressed to enter the menu.
- Browse to General » Device settings » Standby.
- Press the middle button to enter Standby.
- Scroll up/down to select the desired standby time in minutes.
- Press the middle button to save changes and return to the Device settings menu.
- Keep the middle button pressed to exit.
Deep sleep is a function that prolongs battery life when Suunto EON Steel has not been used for some time. Deep sleep is activated when two days have passed since:
- No buttons have been pressed
- Suunto EON Steel has been attached to PC/charger
- Dive calculation has ended
Suunto EON Steel wakes up when it is connected to a PC/charger, when a button is pressed, or when the water contact gets wet.