SuuntoPlus: Safe – My location
There is always a risk that something goes wrong while you are in mountains or deep in the forest and you need to call for help. Suunto 9 can provide you information that you could give to the rescue team. This feature will give you the location info, the direct distance and altitude from you starting place. This information could also be useful while using paper maps for orienteering.
To use SAFE with Suunto 9:
- Before you start an exercise recording, swipe up or press the lower button to open the sport mode options.
- Scroll to and tap SuuntoPlus™ or press the middle button.
- Scroll to and tap SAFE or press the middle button.
- Scroll up to the start view and start your exercise as normal.
- During exercise, swipe left or press the middle button until you reach the SAFE display to view location information.
The SAFE display shows your current location with:
- Latitude / Longitude
- Direct distance from starting point
- Altitude difference from starting point
The SAFE display also gives you information regarding your starting point:
- Start time
- Start location with latitude/longitude
- Green arrow for direction to start point and red for north