You can perform guided interval workouts with your Suunto Ambit3 Run with the workout planner in Suunto Movescount App.
The workout planner requires an internet connection over Wi-Fi or cellular. Carrier data fees may apply on cellular connections.
The workout can be as simple or complex as you need. Define the type, duration and target for each segment. Optionally, you can add custom guidance text for the segment.
After you create the workouts and re-sync your watch with the app, the workouts are available under the options menu while in a sport mode.
To start a guided interval workout:
- While you are in a sport mode, keep pressed to access the options menu.
- Press to select WORKOUT .
- Scroll through the available workouts with or and select with .
- Press to start your exercise recording.
The guidance starts when the recording starts. The interval workout display is shown as the last display of the selected sport mode.
- Complete the workout or end it at any time by stopping the exercise recording as normal or going to the options menu and selecting END WORKOUT.
During the workout, your watch provides real-time guidance in the form of a graph on the workout display.
- Top row: current measurement according to segment target.
For instance, if you defined upper and lower speed limits for the segment, then the value above the graph is your current speed.
- Graph: a complete picture of the current segment.
The top and bottom of the graph are the upper and lower limits for the segment. The left and right ends of the graph are the start and end of the segment. The line drawn in the graph shows your current effort relative to the segment duration and limits.
- Bottom row: remaining time, distance or calories left before the segment is completed.
If you have set the segment to be a lap (segment ends when you push the button), then the bottom row shows the cumulative time of the segment.
When the next segment starts, your watch displays the summary of the next segment.
- Segment step
- Target limits