We are looking for a skilled and passionate, Embedded software specialist to join our Device Development team at Suunto headquarters in Vantaa, Finland.
Do you want to have a positive impact on the way people live an active and adventurous life? We, at Suunto, build the most reliable and robust products that our consumers take to their adventures in the deepest oceans and the highest mountains. We are now looking for an Embedded software specialist to join our Device Development Team. This is a great opportunity for the one, who wants to contribute to the high-tech consumer solutions for global markets in a challenging technology environment.
In this role you work primarily in dive software development. The development team operates within our Device Development Team. In addition to software development, the Device team works on hardware, mechanics development and device testing. In this team you can participate in creating an amazing consumer product from the start to the finish. Did you know that Suunto Dive computers are ranking as one of the top dive computers in the world?
• Design, develop, document and maintain embedded firmware for Suunto dive products
• Develop and use tools for analyzing firmware functionality, performance and quality. E.g. testing tools, profiling tools, logic/bus analyzers, debuggers
• Investigate, debug and fix firmware bugs
• Participate in selecting sensors and peripherals for products together with HW team
• Excellent and proven skills of C/C++ and object oriented thinking.
• Previous history with Open/FreeRTOS, GCC, CMake, Eclipse, Arm Cortex M microprocessors, HW debuggers (Lauterbach, J-link), GIT.
• Basic understanding of HW design (schematics, layouts)
• Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills in Finnish and English
Suunto is part of Amer Sports’ Connected Devices and Digital Services category. Within this category we continuously experiment with new technologies and introduce digital solutions to the Amer Sports’ brand family. We offer an excellent working environment with great colleagues in a heart of sporting life. We strive to create a workplace with an atmosphere characterized by our values – determined to win, team spirit, fair play and innovation. We offer competitive benefit package.
If you feel you are the right talent for this role, get in touch with us now via this link. Latest date to apply is 31st of August 2019. We aim to start the interview rounds as soon as possible.