Do you want to influence the way people live an active and adventurous life? How about building software that impacts the way millions of people around the world experience basketball, trail running, downhill skiing and other sports? Join our sports-loving community to build the best active lifestyle and adventure products that money can buy.
Suunto is a great place to work for people who are passionate, who love to create great products/services and who want to have a positive impact on people's lives. Our culture encourages being active, our leaders will coach you for success, and we will offer you challenges as well as freedom. If the shoe fits, then we invite you to join the team as you are, no formal dress or corporate BS required.
We are looking for a skilled and passionate Senior Embedded Software Engineer to work primarily in dive software development. This development team operates within our Device Development Team. In addition to software development, the Device team works on hardware, mechanics development and device testing. In this team you can participate in creating an amazing consumer product from the start to the finish. Did you know that Suunto Dive computers are ranking as one of the top dive computers in the world?
We, at Suunto, build the most reliable and robust products that our consumers take to their adventures in the deepest oceans and the highest mountains. This is a great opportunity for the one, who wants to contribute to the high-tech consumer solutions for global markets in a challenging technology environment.
In a nutshell you’ll:
- Design, develop, document and maintain embedded firmware for Suunto dive products
- Select architecture to be used and design patterns together with team
- Develop and use tools for analyzing firmware functionality, performance and quality. E.g. testing tools, profiling tools, logic/bus analyzers, debuggers
- Investigate, debug and fix firmware bugs
- Participate in selecting sensors and peripherals for products together with HW team
- Design product side manufacturing test enablers
To win the race for this position you should have experience in:
- Excellent and proven skills of C++ and object oriented thinking
- Previous history in working with embedded (microcontrollers, RTOS or bare metal)
- Basic understanding of HW design (schematics, layouts)
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills in English
To dominate the race, it helps if you have experience in:
- Excellent and proven skills of C
- Product and component level architecture design. Experience to analyze project needs, split complicated problems to smaller pieces and choose right design patterns for those
- Previous history with Open/FreeRTOS, GCC, CMake, Eclipse, Arm Cortex M microprocessors, HW debuggers (Lauterbach, J-link), GIT, Bluetooth LE
- Linux core
- Unit testing, continuous integration and agile
What we offer
This position is within Amer Sports Connected Devices and Digital Services, providing new technologies and introduces digital solutions to the Amer Sports’ brand family including Suunto. We offer an excellent working environment with great colleagues in the heart of sporting life. We strive to create a workplace characterized by our values – determined to win while showing team spirit, fair play and innovation.
Do some or all of the above make your mind race with ideas? Apply via this link by Nov 30, 2019. For further information feel free to reach out to our Talent Acquisition Partner Bea Grandell email@example.com, 040 551 4454.