Wings for Life World Run is a unique race that raises funds to find a cure for spinal cord injury. There is no finish line. Instead, you start with thousands of people worldwide at the same time, running as far as you can before the Catcher Car passes you.
The training feature enables users to train against a digital version of the iconic Catcher Car, so you’re ready to take on the real thing come race day. You’ll see how far back the Catcher Car is, and the estimated distance and time duration left before it catches you.
Like Suunto ambassador Ryan Sandes,you can also use it on race day to know how far behind you the virtual Catcher Car is. “Being chased by the Catcher Car anywhere, anytime thanks to this new watch feature is going to add an exciting new dimension to training!” Ryan says.
How to use the Suunto training feature
The virtual Catcher Car begins pursuit 30 minutes after you start, gradually speeding up as it tries to catch you. As you run, you can see how far back it is, and the estimated distance and time duration you will run before it catches you.
- Select your preferred activity type and, before pressing the start button, scroll down for ‘options’.
- Select ‘SuuntoPlus’ in the options.
- Select ‘Wings for Life World Run’
- Scroll back up to the start view and start your exercise as normal.
- During your exercise, swipe left or press the middle button until you reach the Wings for Life World Run display.
After you have ended the exercise, you can find the Wings for Life World Run result as part of the summary.
Images by Craig Kolesky