This article covers the most common pairing issues between the Suunto Ambit3 and Traverse collections and the Suunto app for Android:
- You cannot pair your watch to the Suunto app and/or have had issues with the pairing.
- You have not received a passkey when pairing your watch.
- You cannot find your watch on the list when you try to pair it.
- You want to start using the Suunto app, but you still have the Movescount app installed.
- Make you have the latest Suunto app version installed. Go to the App Store and check for any available updates and install them (if any).
- Make sure your device is running the latest software. Connect it to SuuntoLink on your computer and the program will automatically check for any available updates. Learn how to update your device to the latest software.
In most cases, the pairing issues will be fixed if you follow these simple steps:
- Make sure you do not have the Movescount app installed on your phone. If you do, please uninstall it, restart your phone and start the pairing process again.
- Turn on/off your phone's Bluetooth. All Android devices feature a Bluetooth toggle switch in the Settings menu or the Status bar drop-down menu that, when tapped, enables/disables Bluetooth for the device.
- Alternatively, you can restart your phone (the procedure varies from phone model to phone model) and reset your watch by long-pressing all 5 buttons for 12s (click here for more information).
If all of the above failed to solve the issue, you should check the following items that might interfere with the connection.
- Check if the watch is already paired with the phone: go to the phone's Bluetooth settings and if it appears as a paired device, please remove it and start the pairing process again.
- Check if the watch appears to already be paired with an app: go to the watch's settings and in Connectivity check if it is paired. Remove the pairing and restart your watch by holding all 5 buttons pressed.
- Check that both devices (watch and phone) have the Bluetooth turned on. Make sure you initiate the pairing from both the watch and the phone. Check out this video here.
This issue might appear when the phone doesn't show a passcode query. It might be the case that your phone is showing the PIN code as a notification. You should start the pairing again and swipe down the Status bar drop-down menu and check the PIN code from there.
If this fails to solve the issue, please go through the indications detailed in the section above ("Pairing fails...")
The most important step when you pair your devices is to start the pairing from your watch:
- For the Ambit3 collection: long-press the middle button (Next) and in the Options menu - Pair - MobileApp. Your watch model name should now appear in the Suunto app list of available devices.
- For the Traverse collection: long-press the middle button (Next) and in the Options menu select Connectivity - Pair - MobileApp. Your watch model name should now appear in the Suunto app list of available devices.
If your watch is paired with another mobile app e.g.the Suunto Movescount App, follow the troubleshooting steps listed in the section below.
Having both apps installed on your phone and using them simultaneously will cause pairing and connectivity issues with your watch. We strongly recommend uninstalling the Movescount App and pairing the watch with the Suunto app. Please go through the following steps to remove the Movescount app pairing:
- On your watch:
Ambit3 collection: long-press the middle button (Next) and in the Options menu - select Pair - then Mobile App - and the watch will prompt you with the possibility to Unpair.
Traverse collection: long-press the middle button (Next) and in the Options menu - select Connectivity - Pair - then MobileApp - and the watch will prompt you with the possibility to Unpair.
- On your phone:
After deleting the Movescount app, go to your mobile device settings' - select Bluetooth and remove the watch from the connected devices' list.