1. WHO ARE WE?
Suunto.com, Suunto Movescount (Suunto Movescount App, Movescount.com), Moveslink/Moveslink2, SuuntoLink, DiveManager (DM4/DM5), Suunto Dive mobile apps, Suunto 7R mobile app and Amer Sports DataCollector app, together “Suunto Services,” are technically provided under Suunto Oy, a part of the Amer Sports Group. For more information about Amer Sports Group and its brands, please visit www.amersports.com.
2. YOUR ACCOUNTS IN SUUNTO SERVICES
Sports Tracker and Suunto app user accounts that are unique for the Sports Tracker Community are separate from Suunto Services.
3. WHAT DATA ABOUT ME IS VISIBLE AND WHERE?
Suunto Movescount (Suunto Movescount App, movescount.com)
A public profile is visible in the whole Suunto Movescount Community when searched by name or email. Your profile page displays the following data publicly:
- Profile picture and background photo
- People you follow and people who follow you
- Total amount of moves, duration, distance and calories for last 30 days
- List of your recent activities (incl. activity types, likers, comments)
- Activity-related moves data (e.g. routes, heart-rate measurement, speed, pace, feeling, PTE, recovery time, altitude, cadence, EPOC)
- Suunto watch model used with the activity
Suunto Movescount account privacy settings control the visibility of your Movescount public profile to public lists and/or Movescount members. For movescount.com and Suunto Movescount App, there are three privacy options under Movescount settings:
- Public: Your profile and activities are publicly visible to everyone.
- Public for my groups and events: You are only publicly visible to members who are in the same groups or events as you.
- Private: Your profile and activities are visible only to you.
In addition to the above, you can also choose to share your activity in an external service, like Facebook. In this case a special link to your activity is created, and anyone following that link can access the activity information.
Suunto Movescount Community and Map sections use anonymized data to provide features like training insights, routes and heatmaps. In addition, user generated content such as training programs, events, groups and Suunto Apps are shared here. Usernames of the members sharing this content are indicated.
Suunto Movescount Me section use your activity and profile data to provide features like your latest moves, overview, monthly/yearly summary, personal bests, annual progress, my Movescount, coaching and watches. In addition, user generated content such as training programs, events, groups and Suunto Apps are shared here. Usernames of the members sharing this content are indicated.
Please note that iOS and Android versions of the Suunto Movescount App may differ slightly.
Suunto Customizer (suunto.com/customizer)
The Suunto Customizer is a tool for consumers to design and order customized products. Purchasing a customized product happens via the suunto.com web shop.
By default all your Suunto Customizer data is private, unless you decide to share your customized watch design to Suunto Customizer Design Gallery, which allows your friends and other suunto.com visitors to browse publicly shared custom watch designs. Shared designs include the name of the design and the name of the person who created it.
In addition to the above, you can choose to share your customized watch design in an external service, like Facebook or Twitter. In this case, a special link to your custom watch design is created, and anyone following that link can access your watch design information.
Suunto.com web shop orders
By default all your order data is private and only selected order data, such as shipping delivery data, is visible on a need-to-know basis to Suunto and Amer Sports Group employees and our third party partners handling your order & shipment (e.g. a logistics partner). Your payment data is always secured and private.
Amer Sports Data Collector
The Data Collector app facilitates collection of consumer data based on consumer surveys conducted at Suunto and/or Amer Sports Group local events (e.g. community events, field tests, product demo events, in-store events). The app works on tablets and by default all your data entered into the Data Collector app is private.
Data collected in this app consists mainly of marketing and advertising related data, such as marketing consents and permissions, newsletter subscriptions, etc.
Suunto Dive mobile apps
With Suunto Dive mobile apps you can learn more about Suunto Dive products and how to use theme (e.g. by doing a virtual dive within the app).
In addition to the above, you can also subscribe to the Suunto e-mail newsletter at suunto.com/subscribe.
Suunto 7R mobile app
With the Suunto 7R mobile app, you can pair your Suunto Kailash watch with the app and start recording your travel timeline with the app. By default all your travel timeline data is private and stored to your mobile phone. In addition, you can also choose to share your travel timeline in an external service, like Facebook or Twitter. A screenshot of your travel timeline is created, and anyone following your own social media account can see your travel timeline screenshot depending on your own social media account privacy settings.
Standalone applications (Moveslink, Moveslink2, SuuntoLink, DiveManager DM4/DM5)
Standalone applications are used to connect products with online services (Moveslink, Moveslink2, SuuntoLink) and/or provide additional features such as dive planning (DM4/DM5).
These applications do not collect data as such but are used to transfer data to Suunto Movescount. In troubleshooting cases, these applications can send diagnostics logs about your product. Log sending can be initiated by the end user only.
4. WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED WITH THE SUUNTO SERVICES?
- Profile information such as name*, email*, description, account creation date*, terms agreement date*, consent to store and process data*, birthdate* - this data is used, for example, to identify you as a user and make sure that you are old enough to use the Suunto Services;
- Personal physiological metrics such as height, weight, gender, heart rate zones, and maximum heart rate – this data is used, for example, in calculating your energy consumption;
- Social activity such as comments and likes you make, photos and videos you upload to the services, users you follow and who follow you – this data is used, for example, for storing the content and actions you make as a user;
- Location data such as recorded track during activity, planned routes, location of photos or videos, approximate location of indoor activities are used, for example, for measuring and locating your activities, to extent you have enabled collection of location data in your device;
- Training data such as activity type, date, time, description, duration, distance, speed, pace, calorie consumption, heart rate, cadence, altitude, feeling, temperature, weather conditions, barometric data, pedaling power, swimming strokes, recovery time, PTE (personal training effect), EPOC (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption) – this data is used, for example, to record and store your activities;
- Other physiological metrics such as daily steps, sleep, calorie consumption, fitness level and recovery time – this data is used , for example, to store your performance changes over time;
- Marketing and advertising related data, consents and permissions, such as newsletter subscriptions, push notification permission and advertisements you have opened or product reviews you have given;
- Purchase information such as suunto.com e-commerce order history, digital subscriptions to features and content – this data is needed for example, to abide to legal requirements to store purchasing history and to provide services;
- Third party service account information such as your account name and unique token to connect to services with which you have decided to share activities;
- Technical information, such as the devices you use or have connected to services with Bluetooth, e.g. a sport watch;
Usage of cookies at movescount.com and suunto.com
5. PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS OF USE
6. DATA TRANSFERS AND RECIPIENTS
Your personal data that is collected for and via the service is being shared with:
- Amer Sports Group companies whose applications are part of the Suunto Services Community for providing the services, currently being, but not limited to these: Suunto Oy and Amer Sports Digital Services Oy.
- Subcontractors and vendors who help us to provide you with the services, such as:
- Amer Sports Group companies, for example to the extent necessary for localizing personal data in accordance with applicable national laws and for running our business efficiently
- Providers of data analyzation tools, for example for analyzing your interests and finding possible problems with the service and connected devices
- Providers of marketing communications tools for communicating with you in the service, for example, to provide you information about new features
- Providers of customer survey tools to request your feedback about our products and services
- Customer service tools providers to provide you help and support in case you have problems with the services
- Providers of marketing tools who assist us with marketing and advertising our products and services
Our subcontractors, vendors and group companies are located both inside and outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), and it is therefore necessary to transfer information to third countries, such as China and USA.
7. YOUR RIGHTS AND DATA DELETION
Due to the some Suunto Services share data, the usage of these rights may affect multiple services. This means that deleting data or an account or withdrawing your consent for such processing that is done based on consent may affect other services.
If you wish to contact us regarding your personal data, the contact details for Suunto are available at suunto.com/support.
8. DATA RETENTION
Your data will be stored during the time you have an account in the services and a reasonable period of time thereafter, unless applicable laws or regulations require us to store the data for a longer period of time. If your data is stored based on a legal requirement (e.g. due to warranty or accounting reasons), we are not able to delete it earlier even if you so request. We may also be obliged to store your data longer than what is stated herein, for example, for enforcing a contract or handling a legal dispute. In such cases, we only store your data as long as it is necessary for the said purpose.
9. WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER?
The data controller of Suunto Services is Suunto Oy (Tammiston Kauppatie 7A, 01510 Vantaa, Finland). You may contact Suunto by using the contact details listed in section 7 above.
Suunto Oy is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation. The contact details of the Data Protection Officer of Amer Sports Corporation are:
Amer Sports Corporation
c/o Legal, DPO
00510 Helsinki, Finland