Learn how to pair your Suunto device to the Suunto app for iPhone. This article applies to all the Suunto devices (except Suunto 7). For pairing your Suunto 7, click here.
- Make sure your Suunto device runs the latest software version.
- Make sure you have the latest Suunto app version installed on your phone.
- Make sure your iPhone is updated to the latest iOS version. The app works with iOS 12 or later.
- Make sure you have Bluetooth enabled and a stable internet connection.
Pairing your device to the app:
When you pair your device to the app for the first time and you have ticked all the boxes above, follow these steps:
- Open the Suunto app and tap the upper left side watch icon to go to the sync view.
- The app will automatically start to search for your device.
- When your device appears in the Available devices list, tap its name to pair it to the app. If more than one device is listed, select yours based on the serial number shown on the backside of your device.
- The device will prompt a passkey on the screen. Enter the passkey into the pairing request field on your phone and tap PAIR.
- Please wait for the pairing to complete; it may take several minutes.
- Make sure you accept notifications to be displayed and location services to be used by the app.
If either your device or your phone has been paired before, make sure you erase the previous connection from both devices:
- On your device: in the settings, under Connect/Connectivity and Paired devices, remove the former connection.
- On your iPhone: in the settings, under Bluetooth and My devices, remove the former connection.
Are you having issues pairing your device to the Suunto app?
If you have followed all the instructions above and still have issues pairing, there might be several reasons you might be having trouble pairing your device to the app. Click here to read more about them.