The Movescount exercise history transfer is an important part of our digital service transition. It is intended to be enabled once you take Suunto app into use.
We started a gradual roll-out to our community back in May of 2019 by enabling the transfer for Suunto 9, Spartan, Ambit3, Traverse and Traverse Alpha family watches and EON Dive computers.
The service is now enabled for all the Suunto users to import their Movescount history to the Suunto app. Make sure you have downloaded the app.
The transfer might take some time, depending on how much information there is to transfer.
How to get started?
- Ensure you have paired your Suunto with the Suunto app and have notifications enabled.
- When you receive the notification, you’ll be able to start the transfer – the app will guide you through the flow:
iOS: Open Profile - Partners and check if Movescount is there.
Android: Open Settings - Partners and check if Movescount is there.
- After entering your Movescount credentials, the data import will start automatically, and your Moves will be added to your Diary in the Suunto app. This can take between several minutes and several days, depending on the volume of data being transferred by the community at a given point in time.
- We will send you an e-mail confirmation when the transfer is completed.
Do you think you missed our notification? You can always check under Connect to other services if the transfer is already available for you; if you see the Movescount icon, it is available.
Do you see duplicate Moves in the Suunto app? If you have used the Suunto app and Movescount in parallel and synced to both services, some Moves may be imported and create duplicates. If this is the case, we kindly ask you to manually delete the copy: Select the activity, tap Edit and Delete.
What do I need to know?
- The transfer is only one way – Movescount to Suunto app.
- The data transfer is intended to be done only once.
It will contain all Moves synced to Movescount before the moment you start the transfer.
- Imported exercises will be private by default in the Suunto app.
Public exercises from Movescount will remain a data source for Heatmaps.
- Moves synchronized after enabling the transfer will not be synchronized to the Suunto app.
- Moves that have been deleted in Movescount after May 2019 will be transferred to the Suunto app and may still appear in the Diary. If this is the case, we kindly ask you to delete them in the Suunto app manually.
- For the Suunto app for iOS to refresh the Diary overview and display imported Moves, please bring the app again in the foreground or close and re-open the app.
- If you are using partner services like Strava, TrainingPeaks, or others, please know:
1) If you sync to both the Suunto app and Movescount in parallel and have a partner service connected from both Movescount and Suunto app, please disconnect from the partner service in Suunto app before you start the transfer to avoid having duplicates in the partner service.
2) After enabling the Move history transfer, please make sure to only sync from either Movescount or Suunto app to the partner service to avoid duplicates. Please disconnect from the partner service through Movescount under Settings > Other sports services.
Continue to sync with the partner using the Suunto app.
One of my Moves is missing, or the data is incorrect. What shall I do?
Ensure you received the confirmation that the Movescount history import is complete. If you did not receive it yet, Moves are still on their way to the Suunto app.
If you received the confirmation and Moves are missing from your history, you can re-create them manually in the Suunto app. Here is how you do it:
- Open the Suunto app, tap the + icon and choose to Add activity manually. Fill in all available exercise data.
If Moves' exercise data is incorrect or you need more help, please contact our Support team. We are happy to assist you.
Which data will be transferred?
The data transfer includes your Moves and the associated exercise data, including images. Dive data in Suunto app will include dive time and a dive depth graph. All other dive data will not yet be displayed.
Please note that the Suunto app may not yet display all exercise and dive data, tables and graphs coming from Movescount. We are continuously enhancing the Suunto app with the most relevant features for the entire community.
The data transfer does not include:
- Personal information, including body metrics
- Suunto 9 and Spartans: Your personal information will be synchronized to Suunto app once you connect your watch with the app.
- Ambit3 and Traverse watches: Currently, it is not possible to synchronize personal information to the Suunto app or edit the app's info.
- Suunto 9, Spartans & Suunto app for Android: Routes stored on your Suunto watch will be synchronized to Suunto app for Android once you connect your watch with the app.
- You can manually export all our routes from Movescount and import them to the Suunto app.
- Suunto Movies
To create videos of your training, we recently introduced a partnership with Relive. Learn more.
They will not be available in the Suunto app. Still, with our connected partner services, there are many opportunities to join highly-engaged groups like, e.g., SuuntoRun on Strava and build your digital community.
- Events that you are attending
- Training programs
They will not be available in the Suunto app. Still, with our connected partner services, there are many opportunities to use training planning and programs with TrainingPeaks or Strava and others.
- Suunto Apps for your watch created by the Movescount community
- Device settings
Note: Suunto app does not display POIs as a separate feature or as part of a route.
Note: You can export your personal information, POIs, routes and Move data in transferable formats (.GPX and .FIT files, respectively) from Movescount under Settings > Export > Download all your data. Please note that it is not currently possible to import some of this data (POIs) to the Suunto app.