We are looking for a
Senior Buyer/Lead Buyer
to join our Global Sourcing team in Suunto headquarters in Vantaa
Senior Buyer is responsible for purchasing, deliveries, material availability for production, inventory management, customs clearance and purchasing reporting. (S)he will have direct buyer responsibilities as well as team leadership responsibility. The team will consist of two buyers (Vantaa & Shenzhen, China). Senior Buyer will be the main interface of operational purchasing towards other Suunto functions and organizations. (S)he will also be responsible for the purchasing process and tools development as well as developing the teamwork and individual buyers to reach the challenging availability, on-time delivery and inventory targets. Senior Buyer will be also a member of cross functional Availability & Planning community in Suunto. (S)he will work actively with other Global Sourcing team members like Commodity Managers and Supplier Quality Managers. Main internal customers are Suunto Manufacturing and Product Management.
We expect the right candidate to have:
- Excellent SAP R/3 (especially MM-module) knowledge,
- Team working skills and communication skills (both Finnish and English),
- Organizing skills,
- Positive attitude and stress tolerance
- A minimum 5 years of international purchasing experience with Bachelor's degree
We also value:
- Understanding of Chinese culture
- Demand-Supply Planning process understanding
- Continuous development-attitude
- Problem-solving and leadership skills
Suunto offers an excellent working environment as one of the most desired employers. If you feel you share Suunto's values – customer first, passion to win, accountability and cooperation – please apply by June 17th, 2013 through this link.
For further information please contact Tuukka Farin, Head of Global Sourcing, tel: +358 40 809 4015.