When using the openwater swimming mode, Suunto Ambit2 S measures your swimming speed using GPS and shows you real-time data during the swim.
To record an outdoor swimming log:
- Press Start Stop to enter the start menu.
- Press Next to enter Exercise.
- Scroll to Openwater swim with Light Lock and select with Next.
- The device automatically starts searching for GPS signal. Wait for the device to notify that GPS signal has been found, or press Start Stop to select Later. The device continues to search for a GPS signal and once it has been found, the device starts showing and recording GPS data.
- Press Start Stop to start recording your swimming log.
Press Back Lap to add laps manually during the swim.