If your Suunto Ambit3 Vertical shows incorrect altitude or barometric readings during an exercise, the following tips may resolve the issue:
Before starting an exercise:
- Ensure that the latest software version is installed on your watch (learn more here).To make sure that your watch has the latest version, connect your watch to your computer and open Moveslink2. You will notified if a software update is available. If so, please update your watch.
- Check that the pressure sensor openings in the back of your watch are not covered or blocked. Make sure the watch is not too tight on your wrist and no clothing or wrist movement is blocking the sensor.
Note: Keep the area around the sensor free of dirt and sand. Never insert any objects into the sensor openings or clean it with compressed air.
- Set a new altitude reference value. Learn how to set this value for your watch in the FAQ “How to set a new altitude reference value in Ambit3 Vertical”.
- Check that the watch is not worn too tight on your arm. The pressure sensor openings should not be blocked.
- Ensure that your hand and wrist movement is not affecting or blocking the pressure sensor openings.