The transmission range of the Suunto Smart Heart Rate Belt can be three meters or more under ideal conditions.
However, for best results, minimize obstructions between the Suunto Smart Heart Rate Belt and your sports watch or mobile device. When not on wrist, keep the watch or mobile in front of you or to one side in a pocket or on a belt.
Your body can block the signal.
If the Suunto Smart Heart Rate Belt does not seem to be sending heart rate data even without obstructions, try any of the following:
- Ensure the belt contact areas (electrodes) are wet and the belt Suunto logo is turned the correct way.
- Adjust the belt so that it fits tighter against your chest.
- If your skin tends to remain dry during a workout, use electrode gel.
- Check that Bluetooth is on in the device your belt is paired with.
- Change the battery in the sensor and re-pair with your sports watch or mobile device.
If the Suunto Smart Heart Rate Belt seems to send incorrect data, try any of the following:
- Ensure that the sensor is attached correctly to the belt with both snaps fitted.
- Pair the belt again with your Bluetooth® Smart-enabled device.
- Mashine wash the chest strap in 30°C.
- Renew the chest strap.