We are looking for a Logistics Manager to join Suunto Supply Logistics team in Vantaa, Finland
Do you want to have a positive impact on the way people live an active and adventurous life? We, at Suunto, build the most reliable and robust products that our consumers take to their adventures in the deepest oceans and the highest mountains. We are now looking for a Logistics Manager to our Supply Logistics team in Suunto Supply Chain Management organization in Vantaa (or Helsinki area) in Finland. Supply Logistics team at Suunto is responsible for planning and order to cash activities for the company for ensuring Suunto´s continuous growth, profitability and competitiveness and satisfaction of our customers worldwide.
In this role, you will manage the processes for EMEA region for Suunto logistics and lead Suunto’s local regional logistics activities on a day to day basis providing hands on support for sales teams. You will manage demand forecasting and planning activities as a part of Supply Logistics team including inventory planning as well as securing the order intake and delivery for Suunto customer and developing logistics capabilities for Suunto in the region.
Interested? Keep on reading.
- Lead the execution of Suunto’s customer logistics operations locally for region
- Execution of the demand forecasting/sales planning activities in weekly and monthly planning processes together with supply logistics, sales and finance teams
- Managing local inventories in distribution centers in co-operation with global teams
- Management of the orderbook and related activities (incl. allocation) for ensuring timely delivery of Suunto products and service to customers
- Develop and implement Suunto’s supply chain and logistics execution strategy in line with Global strategy to achieve the sales and growth targets
- Ensures high quality execution of the agreed global plan in needed co-operation with sales and other Suunto functions
- Acts as a “go to” person for regional sales in relation to supply chain and logistics processes
- Management of the customer logistics plans and requirements for region. Efficient and timely communication of the customer requirements for other Suunto teams.
- Collaboration with Suunto’s supply chain operational personnel for creating the basis for the successful execution of the plans regionally
We expect the suitable candidate to have the following qualifications and skills:
- Business Acumen: You understand the strong strategic relationship between the Supply Chain and company´s long term performance and can turn the plans and activities into concrete and successful actions and relate them to company strategy and goals.
- Global Mindset: You will understand the nature of Supply Chain as an end to end capability and can work through the complex networks geographically and within the Suunto organization.
- Leadership: As a member of Suunto Supply Logistics team, you will be leading activities within your own responsibility area in a matrix organization.
- Analysis: You will use data for leading the activities for Suunto products and business. You have excellent skills on presenting the plans on all levels of Suunto organization.
- Relationship building: You are having great skills on networking with people and you are capable of building relationships between organizations in a matrix and global environment.
- Supply Chain knowledge: You are a supply chain professional with minimum 5 years’ experience in global supply chain positions.
To be successful, you will need to seamlessly collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as sourcing & procurement-, manufacturing & engineering-, product creation-, sales & marketing- and IT teams, as well as other external stakeholders. You need to be a trustworthy partner for Suunto teams in the region and understand the needs of different customers and distribution channels. As a person you are a systematic and persistent team player, who is not afraid of challenges in a changing business environment.
Suunto offers an excellent working environment with great colleagues in the heart of sporting life. We strive to create a workplace characterized by our values – determined to win while showing team spirit, fair play and innovation.
If you feel you are the right talent for this role, apply now via this link by December 13th 2019. For further information, please contact Laila Viinanen-Leino at +358 50 539 7593 on December 4.12 at 14:00-15:00 or December 10.12. at 12:30-13:30.