The backlight features can be adjusted from the settings under General » Backlight.
- The Standby setting controls the screen brightness when there is no active backlight turned on (e.g. triggered by button presses).
The two Standby options are On and Off.
- The Raise to wake feature activates standby backlight in regular time mode and activates backlight in exercise mode when your wrist is lifted to watch reading position.
The three Raise to wake options are:
- On: Raising your wrist in regular time mode or during an exercise will activate backlight.
- Exercise only: Raising your wrist will only turn on the backlight during an exercise.
- Off: The Raise to wake feature is turned off.
You can also set the backlight to be always on. Keep the middle button pressed to enter the Shortcuts menu, scroll to Backlight and toggle the switch to force backlight on.