On this page you can see in a timeline view how your Suunto Vertical has evolved since it was launched in June 2023.
To always have the latest watch software, we recommend you enable automatic, over the air software updates in the watch settings. Also, make sure you are using the latest version of Suunto app for iOS or for Android.
- Race with the new SuuntoPlus Race Pacer sport app. Set your target distance and time with even or negative splits.
- Now you can follow your Runna training plans in your Suunto watch
- FIT-UP app is now suunto compatible, designed for fitness, nutrition and mindfulness
- Suunto app calendar view now includes date numbers, offering a clearer overview of your training schedule.
- New interactivity in Suunto app route planning: touch the altitude profile chart to see corresponding locations on the map.
- Sleep analysis in Suunto app has been upgraded to support multiple naps within a single day, giving you a more comprehensive understanding of your rest patterns.
- Switching between the data table and graph in Suunto app’s Training Zone Summary is now more intuitive and user-friendly.
- Suunto app now remembers your last used settings for feed filtering (All/Me/Following) and your preferred Training Zone tab and graph types, making your experience more personalized and efficient.
- In the Training Zone Summary, selecting categories like All running sports, All cycling sports, and All swimming sports is now simpler. You can choose these categories without having to select each sport individually.
- We've fixed formatting issues in SuuntoPlus data, ensuring more accurate and readable information.
- We have also made several other bug fixes and performance improvements to ensure a smoother and more reliable experience.
Better Training analysis
- Suunto app’s Lap Table now features color-coded columns. Variations from the median lap values are highlighted in shades of red and blue. This color-coding makes it easier to spot laps where your performance was significantly higher or lower than median.
- We’ve introduced zone graphs for Pace and Power in the workout analysis. These graphs are complemented by a distribution view of pace and power zones, providing a more intuitive understanding of your workout intensities.
- With Training Zone Summary you can now visualize your selected data through a graph. Summary also includes filters for both automatically and manually tagged workouts. For added convenience in filtering, options such as “All running” or “All cycling” are available, enabling you to select all activities under these categories effortlessly.
Plan your adventures with Suunto App
- Suunto App Route planning has received new features: the ability to reverse planned routes and the addition of “Back to Start” and “Backtrack” options, enhancing your planning capabilities.
User experience enhanced.
- New defaults Sport apps preinstalled to sport modes. When you, as an example, start your tennis workout, it already has tennis sport app, and weight training has Gym Timer.
- Suunto App has now streamlined the recovery features by combining the Recovery and Sleep tabs into a single, unified Recovery tab, simplifying access to your recovery and sleep data
- Celebrate the end of the year with your achievements with Annual report in Suunto app and share the updated yearly summary also in story format (9:16).
Get more out of your sports with new partners
- RaceID miles partner app gets Suunto compatible
- Runology running technique video analysis gets Suunto compatible
- Runredeem is now Suunto compatible with their loyalty program customers
- Surlo app for sailing and other water sports gets Suunto connected
- Get more out of your Indoor cycling training with Suunto compatible ICTtrainer
- Ride with BMC companion app which is now Suunto compatible
Training, recovery and progress come to your watch, including Heart Rate Variability (HRV)
- Follow training load and volume with training widgets in your watch.
- Follow recovery status from training with TSB and feeling in your watch.
- Measure Heart rate variability (HRV) to optimize your recovery.
- Follow your progress with chronic training load (CTL) widget.
- Get Suunto Coach comments in training widgets.
- Exercise with new rope skipping activity type.
The watch now fits better to your daily life
- New UI structure with mini widgets
- Customization of the widgets using Suunto app: Select the widgets you want to have on your watch and change the order they are shown.
- Improved the watch user interface speed
- A higher zoom level on the maps
- ‘Find my phone’ feature on your watch
- Do not disturb mode
- New media controls
- Multiple alarms
- KML file import in Suunto app
- Suunto Vitality compatibility now includes AIA Malaysia
Better Training analysis
- Follow the training impacts of workouts in Suunto app
- SuuntoPlus Vertical race segment guide available in SuuntoPlus Store for Malaysian Suunto fans.
Enhanced user experience
- The Suunto App home screen can now be filtered with all, me or following.
- New, colourful Suunto accessory straps
New tools to understand you training impact and intensity
- Training summary: A tool to analyse & find your key workouts in Suunto app. Go to Training Zone tab and check the Summary.
- Movement: Track your movements with wrist acceleration to follow the overall workout intensity. Gets you the insights of rapid efforts.
- Heart rate zones: Follow the cumulative time spent on different heart rate zones on one screen. Great to keep the intensity on target.
- Fused zones: Shows which intensity zone you are currently in, looking at different intensity metrics and based on that evaluating the best matching as a result.
- Peak Pace: Track the peak pace efforts on your run.
- Peak power: Track the hard sprints and efforts on your wrist.
- Interval planner: Use the Interval planner in Suunto app now with all activity types.
Prepare for optimal race
- Race nutrition: Plan your race nutrition and get reminders right on your Suunto.
- Race companion: A simple, customizable tool that shows you the key information during a race.
- Backyard ultra: Race companion for Backyard Ultra racers. Follow each 6.7km loop and keep track of the laps – and when to go next!
Get most out of your sport
- Gym Timer: Follow the recovery time between the sets. Adjust as needed and then go again.
- Score – Golf: Count each strike and measure the distance of the drives with the Golf Score sport app.
- Score – Tennis: Keep count of the game score on your wrist.
- Score – Soccer: Keep up with the game score and get alerted with the half time.
- Score – Badminton: Keep up with the badminton game score.
- Score counter: Counter for any game. Play with 1–4 players and keep the results on your wrist.
New sensor compatibility
- Train.red: Connect your Suunto with a Train.red sensor to follow your muscle oxygen levels. The data will also be available in after analysis.
- In addition to syncing your activities to Strava and using Strava routes with your Suunto watch, you can now also race Strava Live Segments with your Suunto. Learn how to chase Strava segments with your Suunto
Get more out of your sports
- Surfer: Count each wave surfed automatically. Each wave is also stored as laps in your surf session.
- Running economy: Follow the running economy with heartrate vs. pace. Running economy is illustrated with a beats/km value.
- Shoe Tester: Follow test protocol to test different shoes to see which are the fastest for you.
- Disc Golf: Keep track of each disc golf throw and see the distance thrown.
Get ready for the outdoors
- Weather forecast sports app: Keep the forecasted weather on our wrist while doing the long ride or hike.
- ICE: Store your emergency information on your wrist. If you don’t move the watch, it will start an alert to draw attention to the info.
- Relief Maps: Gets Suunto connected with 3d maps and live data sharing for outdoor enthusiast.
- Join challenges with Uprace App
- Race in Virtual Races Tackitup app
- Suunto Weekend Adventure collections published in Komoot