This article covers the most common pairing issues between the Suunto Ambit3 and Traverse collections and the Suunto app for iOS:
- You cannot pair your watch to the Suunto app and/or have had issues with the pairing.
- You cannot find your watch on the list when you try to pair it.
- You want to start using the Suunto app, but you still have the Movescount app installed.
- Make you have the latest Suunto app version installed. Go to your App Store and check for any available updates and install them (if any).
- Make sure your device is running the latest software. Connect it to SuuntoLink on your computer and the program will automatically check for any available updates. Learn how to update your watch to the latest software.
In most cases, the pairing issues will be fixed if you follow these simple steps:
- Make sure you do not have the Movescount app installed on your phone. If you do, please uninstall it and start the pairing process again.
- Turn on/off your phone's Bluetooth. For this, you need to go to your iPhone's Settings - select Bluetooth and toggle the switch. This action cannot be done directly from the quick menu.
- Alternatively, you can restart your phone (more info on restarting your iPhone here) and reset your watch by long-pressing all 5 buttons for 12s (click here for more information).
If all of the above failed to solve the issue, you should check the following items that might interfere with the connection.
- Check if the watch is already paired with the iPhone: go to the iPhone's settings - Bluetooth and if it appears as a paired device, please remove it and start the pairing process again. If the pairing still fails and you have other Suunto watches available under Bluetooth, remove all the connections and start again.
- Check if the watch appears to already be paired with an app: go to the watch's settings and in Connectivity check if it is paired. Remove the pairing and restart the pairing process.
- Check that both devices (watch and phone) have the Bluetooth turned on. Make sure you initiate the pairing from both the watch and the phone. More information about the process can be found here.
- Check if the Suunto app has access to the iPhone's Bluetooth: go to Settings - scroll down to the apps and find and tap Suunto app - toggle the Bluetooth switch green (if it isn't already).
The most important step when you pair your devices is to start the pairing from your watch:
- For the Ambit3 collection: long-press the middle button (Next) and in the Options menu - Pair - MobileApp. Your watch model name should now appear in the Suunto app list of available devices.
- For the Traverse collection: long-press the middle button (Next) and in the Options menu select Connectivity - Pair - MobileApp. Your watch model name should now appear in the Suunto app list of available devices.
If your watch is paired with another mobile app e.g.the Suunto Movescount App, follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
Having both apps installed on your phone and using them simultaneously will cause pairing and connectivity issues with your watch. We strongly recommend uninstalling the Movescount App and pairing your watch with the Suunto app. Please go through the following steps to remove the Movescount app pairing:
- On your watch:
Ambit3 collection: long-press the middle button (Next) and in the Options menu - select - Pair - then Mobile App - and the watch will prompt you with the possibility to Unpair.
Traverse collection: long-press the middle button (Next) and in the Options menu - select Connectivity - Pair - then Mobile App - and the watch will prompt you with the possibility to Unpair.
- On your phone:
After deleting the Movescount app, go to your iPhone's settings - select Bluetooth and remove the watch from the list of connected devices.