Note: This article applies for Suunto 3, Suunto 5, Suunto 9 and Suunto Spartan Collection watches.
For setting sunrise/sunset times on the outdoor watch face of your Suunto watch, you need to activate GPS/Connected GPS as these parameters are based on your location.
Note: When installing a firmware update on your Suunto watch, the sunrise/sunset times will disappear. Follow the steps below to set them again.
Suunto Spartan, Suunto 9, Suunto 5:
- Go outside.
- Open the Navigation settings
- Select Your location. When the coordinates appear, your watch has a GPS fix.
- Cancel saving your location.
- Go back to the watch face. The sunrise/sunset times should be updated with actual values if the GPS activation was successful.
Note: The GPS fix may take some time if you have not recently synced your watch with SuuntoLink to optimize GPS.
Learn more about how to set sunrise and sunset alarms in the user guide of your Spartan, Suunto 5 or Suunto 9.
As Suunto 3 does not have integrated GPS, connect your watch with Suunto app on your phone. Your watch can then use your phone’s GPS.
- Ensure your watch is paired with Suunto app.
- Go outside.
- Scroll up to Exercise and select a sport mode which uses GPS (e.g. Running).
- Open Suunto app to get Connected GPS.
- Wait until your watch received the GPS signal from your phone (arrow turns green). It is not necessary to start the exercise.
- Go back to the watchface. The sunrise/sunset times should be updated with actual values, if the activation of Connected GPS was successful.
Note: Sunrise and sunset alarms are not available for Suunto 3.