All Suunto watches and dive computers have a serial number. The serial number is a combination of 6, 8, 10 or 12 numbers without spaces or dashes.
Depending on your product and its generation, there are several locations where you can find the serial number of your product:
1. On the back of your device:
In most cases, you will find the serial number printed externally at the back of the device module. Possible locations are:
- On the upper area of the device module: This may apply for e.g. Spartan Sport WHR and Suunto 9.
- On the lower area of the device module: This may apply for e.g. Suunto 3 Fitness, Suunto 5, Spartan Trainer, Spartan Ultra and Ambit3 Peak.
- On the product information gauge surrounding the product name: Usually it is the first number on the right side of the gauge. This may apply for e.g. Suunto Ambit3 Vertical, Suunto Traverse and Traverse Alpha.
- In the middle section of the device module: This may apply for e.g. Suunto Elementum Terra and Suunto EON Core.
In some cases, the serial number may be surrounded by a box. This may apply for e.g. Suunto Ambit3 Peak and Sport, Ambit 2 R Suunto Spartan watches, Suunto 9.
2. On the sleeve of the product box:
The serial number is added on a sticker to the product box sleeve as one of the last steps when packaging your product. Usually, all information on the box sleeve is printed directly on the sleeve, only the serial number is added as a sticker.
In addition to the serial number, you will find several other numbers externally printed on your Suunto device and the product box which are NOT the serial number:
- Sales item code: SS050209000
- Product name: Suunto 3 Fitness Copper
- Device model ID: OW175
- Radio certifications: IC:5175A-2478 and FCC ID:RYP2478
- Water-resistance marking e.g. 100M-300FT-10BAR
3. In the Settings menu of your watch:
In Spartan Collection watches, Suunto 9 and Suunto 3 you can find the serial number in the watch under Settings > General > About > Serial number.