YOU NEED TO:
- Make sure you have the latest software for your Suunto watch. Click here to find out more.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Suunto app installed on your mobile device. Access the App Store and check for updates.
- Know that this article DOES NOT APPLY to Suunto 7. For more information on Suunto 7 notifications, click here.
To enable notifications and incoming calls:
- If you haven't already, pair your watch with the Suunto app and wait for the sync to be completed. After you have paired your watch, accept the notification permission dialog Suunto app prompts you with.
- On your iPhone, after you paired your watch to your iPhone, go to Settings - Bluetooth and tap the watch name under the paired devices. Toggle on Share System Notifications.
- Enable notifications on your watch:
- Suunto 3, 5, 9, and Suunto Spartan collections: go to the Settings - select Notifications and toggle on the notifications.
- Ambit3: open the Options menu - Connectivity - Settings - Notifications - On (available only when paired with Suunto app).
- Traverse: open the Options menu - Connectivity - Notifications - On (available only when paired with Suunto app).
- Suunto D5: go to General - Connectivity - Notifications - make sure they are On
Note: Having Suunto Movescount App installed on your phone and using both applications in parallel with your Suunto product, will cause connectivity and notification issues.
Common issues and troubleshooting steps:
I do not get notifications on my watch (and I never did).
- Make sure you have correctly enabled notifications on both your watch and phone as described in steps 1 to 3 in the Getting started section above.
I do not get notifications on my watch anymore (it stopped working).
- Make sure your watch and Suunto app are connected.
- Make sure you have the latest iOS version installed: tap Settings - General - Software update to see if an update is available.
- Reset the Bluetooth connection between your phone and your watch via the Settings menu of your phone.
Note: It is not enough to turn on and off the connection via the Control Center menu.
- Disable and enable Airplane mode on your watch. Scroll to Settings > Connectivity > Airplane mode (toggle is grey).
- Make sure the software of your Suunto watch is up-to-date and you are using the latest version of Suunto app. Open the Store on your phone to see if an update is waiting for you.
- Soft reset your watch. Learn more.
- Un-pair your watch from Suunto app and re-pair it. Some notifications are not shown correctly on my watch.
Your Suunto watch displays text messages in languages supported by your watch. Images and smileys are not displayed and are converted into dots (...).In case your phone uses a language setting that is not supported by your Suunto watch, messages may be displayed incorrectly. To verify the supported Suunto watch languages, open Settings > General > Language.
I can still see notifications on my watch even if I read them on the phone.
For notifications to be cleared from your watch,
- Make sure your watch is connected to the Suunto app.
- Open the message from the notification center and read it.
Note: When reading messages on your mobile device while your watch and Suunto app are not connected or only clearing the notification center, the notifications will not be removed from your watch.