Suunto Ambit2 R has five buttons which allow you to access all the features.
- access the start menu
- pause or resume an exercise or timer
- keep pressed to stop and save an exercise
- increase a value or move up in the settings
- change between displays
- keep pressed to access/exit the options menu
- keep pressed to access/exit the options menu in sport modes
- accept a setting
- activate the backlight
- keep pressed to lock/unlock the buttons
- decrease a value or move down in the settings
- change views in time mode and during exercise
- keep pressed to toggle the display between light and dark
- keep pressed to access context-sensitive shortcuts (see below)
- return to the previous step
- add a lap during exercise
When changing the values, you can increase the speed by keeping Start Stop or Light Lock pressed until the values start to scroll faster.
By default, when you keep View pressed in Time mode, you toggle the display between light and dark. This button push can be changed to instead access a specific menu option.
To define a shortcut:
- Keep Next pressed to enter the options menu.
- Browse to the menu item to which you want create a shortcut.
- Keep View to create the shortcut.
Shortcuts cannot be created to all possible menu items, such as individual logs.
In other modes, keeping View pressed accesses predefined shortcuts. For example, when the compass is active, you can access the compass settings by keeping View pressed.