Software version check
Please note that this user guide is for the latest software version of Suunto DX. If you have an older version, some features operate differently.
To check the software version:
- Keep pressed to enter settings.
- Press Version and enter with . to scroll to
- The first line of information indicates the software version.
- If the version number is V1.5.x or higher, you can skip the rest of this section and read the user guide as normal.
- If the version number is V1.2.x please read the sections below regarding how to use specific features.
- Press twice to exit settings.
When you send your watch to an authorized Suunto service center for a battery change or other servicing, the software will be updated to the latest version.
Each time you enter dive mode, you have the option of selecting which mode to use.
To change dive modes:
- While in time mode, press to enter dive mode.
- Scroll to the dive mode you want to use with or .
- Wait for the pre-checks to complete.
To change settings for a dive mode, keep
pressed while in that mode. For further information about dive mode settings, please refer to the respective dive mode section of this user guide.
Access the stopwatch in time or dive mode as explained in Stopwatch.
To use the stopwatch:
- Press to start the stopwatch.
- While the stopwatch is running, press to take split times.
- Press to stop the stopwatch.
- Keep pressed to reset the stopwatch.
When you first use the compass, you are prompted to calibrate the compass.
To calibrate the compass:
- When you see the text Rotate 360°, hold the watch level and slowly rotate the watch in a complete circle, keeping display facing up the whole time.
- When you see the text Tilt 90°, slowly tilt the watch up to a vertical position so that the display is facing you.