Suunto Ambit2 R is water resistant to 50 meters/164 feet/5 bars. The meter value relates to an actual diving depth and is tested in the water pressure used in the course of the Suunto water resistance test.
Water resistance is not equivalent to functional operating depth. The water resistance marking refers to static air/water tightness withstanding showers, bathing, swimming, poolside diving and snorkeling.
To maintain water resistance, it is recommended to:
- never use the watch for other than intended use.
- contact an authorized Suunto service, distributor or retailer for any repairs.
- keep the watch clean from dirt and sand.
- never attempt to open the case yourself.
- avoid subjecting the watch to rapid air and water temperature changes.
- always clean your watch with fresh water if subjected to salt water.
- never knock or drop the watch.