Suunto Ambit3 Peak
The following steps apply for devices with software update 2.4.17 or later.
To set a new reference altitude:
- Keep NEXT pressed to enter the options menu.
- Scroll to ALTI-BARO with LIGHT and enter with NEXT.
- Press NEXT to enter REFERENCE. The following setting options are available:
- FusedAlti: With this option, GPS and barometric altitude are combined to provide a more reliable altitude reading. Read more in the user guide.
We recommend to use FusedAlti for setting the altitude reference value.
Note: In good conditions it takes several minutes for FusedAlti to activate. During that time, your watch shows your approximate altitude. Your altitude reading and altitude history while exercising will be corrected once your real altitude is defined via FusedAlti.
Note: Make sure that FusedAlti is enabled in the ALTI-BARO setting of your watch. Read how to activate FusedAlti in this FAQ (What can I do if the altitude readings of my exercise are wrong in my Suunto Ambit3 Peak?).
- Altitude: Set a known altitude manually. Use a topographic map or Google Earth to find the altitude of your current location.
- Sea level pressure: Set the sea level pressure reference value manually. Consult the websites of national weather services to find a sea level air pressure reference for your current location.
Note: Sea level pressure may change quickly and has to be set frequently to avoid incorrect altitude readings.