This article covers the most common pairing issues between the Suunto EON Steel and Core and D5 and the Suunto app for Android.
- You cannot pair your dive computer to the Suunto app and/or have had issues with the pairing.
- You have not received a passkey when pairing your dive computer.
- You cannot find your dive computer on the list when you try to pair it.
- You want to start using the Suunto app, but you still have the Movescount app installed.
- Make you have the latest Suunto app version installed. Go to your App Store and check for any available updates and install them (if any).
- Make sure your device is running the latest software. Connect it to SuuntoLink or Suunto DM5 on your computer and the program will automatically check for any available updates. Learn how to update your device to the latest software via SuuntoLink or DM5.
In most cases, the pairing issues will be fixed if you follow these simple steps:
- Make sure you do not have the Movescount app installed on your phone. If you do, please uninstall it, restart your phone and start the pairing process again.
- Turn on/off your phone's Bluetooth. All Android devices feature a Bluetooth toggle switch in the Settings menu or in the Status bar drop-down menu that, when tapped, enables/disables Bluetooth for the device.
- Alternatively, you can restart your phone (the procedure varies from phone model to phone model).
If all of the above failed to solve the issue, you should check the following items that might interfere with the connection.
- Check if the dive computer is already paired with the phone: go to the phone's Bluetooth settings and if it appears as a paired device, please remove it and start the pairing process again.
- Check if the dive computer appears to already be paired with an app: go to the dive computer's Options menu - General and in Connectivity - select Forget mobile to unpair the device from the app.
- Check if both the phone and dive computer have the Airplane mode turned off.
This issue might appear in situations when the PIN query doesn't show up directly on the phone. It might be the case that your phone is showing the PIN query as a notification. We recommend you start the pairing again and swipe down the Status bar drop-down menu and check the notification from there. If this fails to solve the issue, please go through the indications detailed in the section above ("Pairing fails...")
Make sure your device is awake: press the middle button, and then, in the dive computer's settings make sure the following options are set accordingly:
- EON Steel and Core: Make sure the airplane mode is turned off. Open the Options menu and go to General - Connectivity.
- D5: Make sure the airplane mode is turned off. Open the Options menu and go to General - Connectivity - Airplane mode.
If your watch is paired with another mobile app e.g.the Suunto Movescount App, follow the troubleshooting steps listed in the specific section below.
Having both apps installed on your phone and using them simultaneously will cause pairing and connectivity issues with your dive computer. We strongly recommend uninstalling the Movescount App and pairing your watch with the Suunto app. Please go through the following steps to remove the Movescount app pairing:
- On your device:
Go to the dive computer's Options menu - select General - Connectivity and select Forget mobile.
- On your phone:
After deleting the Movescount app, go to your iPhone's settings - select Bluetooth and remove the watch from the list of connected devices.