This article covers the most common pairing issues between the Suunto EON Steel & Core and D5 dive computers and the Suunto app for iOS.
- You cannot pair your dive computer to the Suunto app and/or have had issues with the pairing.
- You cannot find your dive computer on the list when you try to pair it.
- You want to start using the Suunto app, but you still have the Movescount app installed.
- Make you have the latest Suunto app version installed. Go to your App Store and check for any available updates and install them (if any).
- Make sure your device is running the latest software. Connect it to SuuntoLink or Suunto DM5 on your computer and the program will automatically check for any available updates. Learn how to update your device to the latest software via SuuntoLink or DM5.
In most cases, the pairing issues will be fixed if you follow these simple steps:
- Make sure you do not have the Movescount app installed on your iPhone. If you do, please uninstall it and start the pairing process again.
- Turn on/off your phone's Bluetooth. For this, you need to go to your iPhone's Settings - select Bluetooth and toggle the switch. This action cannot be done directly from the quick menu.
- Alternatively, you can restart your phone (more info on restarting your iPhone here).
If all of the above failed to solve the issue, you should check the following items that might interfere with the connection.
- Check if the dive computer is already paired with the phone: go to the iPhone's settings - Bluetooth and if it appears as a paired device, please remove it and start the pairing process again. If the pairing still fails and you have other Suunto devices available under Bluetooth, remove all the connections and start again.
- Check if the dive computer appears to be already paired with an app: go to the dive computer's Options menu - General and in Connectivity - select Forget mobile to unpair the device from the app.
- Check if your iPhone has Bluetooth turned on and both the phone and dive computer have the Airplane mode turned off.
- Check if the Suunto app has access to the iPhone's Bluetooth: go to Settings - scroll down to the apps and find and tap Suunto app - toggle the Bluetooth switch green (if it isn't already).
Make sure your watch is awake: press the middle button, and then, in the watch's settings, make sure the following options are set accordingly:
- EON Steel and Core: Make sure the airplane mode is turned off. Open the Options menu and go to General - Connectivity.
- D5: Make sure that the airplane mode is turned off. Open the Options menu and go to General - Connectivity - Airplane mode.
If your watch is paired with another mobile app e.g.the Suunto Movescount App, follow the troubleshooting steps listed in the section below.
Having both apps installed on your iPhone and using them simultaneously will cause pairing and connectivity issues with your dive computer. We strongly recommend uninstalling the Movescount App and pairing your device with the Suunto app. Please go through the following steps to remove the Movescount app pairing:
- On your device:
Go to the dive computer's Options menu - select General - Connectivity and select Forget mobile.
- On your iPhone:
After deleting the Movescount app, go to your iPhone's settings - select Bluetooth and remove the dive computer from the list of connected devices.