To start the pairing process, make sure you have the following:
- an active Bluetooth connection
- a connection to the Internet: Wifi or mobile data
- the latest software of the watch – in case you have issues check some tips here
Now, the following steps should help you enable the connection between the app & your watch:
- Once you are done reading this, go back to the main screen of the app.
- Tap the Watch icon to enter the pairing screen.
- Suunto app will ask for notification and optimization permissions, select them according to your needs and desired privacy settings.
The phone will start looking for your watch. The trick is to make the device visible to the app:
- Initiate the pairing process on your watch:
Traverse: Long press the middle button - Connectivity - Pair and select MobileApp.
Ambit3: Long press the middle button - Pair and select MobileApp.
The watch should now be visible in the app (identify the watch via serial number – check the back of your watch to make sure you are connecting the correct one) and press PAIR.
- Your watch will generate a code. Enter the code in the required field on your iPhone.
- The first pairing might take a few minutes, don’t threat!
Note: After a few minutes of inactivity, your Ambit3 / Traverse will activate the power saving mode which will turn off Bluetooth and pause the sync. The log synchronization will continue once you wake up your watch.