Learn how to pair your Suunto 5, Suunto 3 Fitness, Suunto 9 or Spartan watch with Suunto app.
Are you reading on Suunto app? Some of the steps will require actions on the app. Open the same FAQ article on our website.
Prepare your Suunto watch for pairing:
- Wake up your watch by pressing the middle button.
- If your watch has been paired with another phone or another mobile app e.g. Suunto Movescount App, forget the app. Go to Settings > Connectivity > Paired devices. If MobileApp is listed, press the middle button and choose Forget.
Check from the Settings menu that:
- Airplane mode is off: Connectivity > Airplane mode (toggle is grey).
- Discovery is on: Connectivity > Discovery (toggle is green).
- Power saving is off (Spartan, Suunto 5, Suunto 9 only): Setting > General > Power saving (toggle is grey)
Ensure that Do Not Disturb mode is off: Open the shortcuts menu from the watch face by keeping the middle button pressed. Turn Do Not Disturb mode off (toggle is grey).
Start the pairing process on your phone:
If you have Suunto Movescount App installed on your phone, please uninstall Movescount App. Using both apps at the same time will cause connectivity issues.
Learn more about how to use the Suunto app and Suunto Movescount together.
- Start Suunto app and tap the 'watch’ icon to enter the Watch view. Activate Bluetooth.
- When your Suunto watch appears in the list of watches tap PAIR. If more than one watch is listed, select your watch based on the serial number shown at the backside of your watch.
- Enter the passkey shown on your watch into the pairing request field on your mobile device and tap PAIR.
- Wait for the pairing to complete. This may take several minutes.
Do you have problems with pairing?
Learn more here about troubleshooting steps for the most common pairing issues.