How to customize dive modes with DM5
To customize Suunto D5:
- Download and install Suunto DM5 from http://www.suunto.com/DM5.
- Connect your Suunto D5 to a computer with a USB cable.
- In the devices window, select Suunto D5.
- Select the Customization tab. You can create new dive modes and modify existing ones.
When creating or modifying dive modes, you need to synchronize the changes with your Suunto D5 before disconnecting the USB cable to save the changes to your device.
Customization is divided into four categories:
- Dive mode name
- Dive algorithm
- Gas settings
- Customize views
To customize categories:
Dive mode (name)
- Use something short and simple that helps you identify easily the features and information that you have customized on this mode.
- Maximum length of the name is 15 characters.
- Select to use Suunto Fused RGBM 2 or No algorithm (see Decompression algorithm).
- If you select No algorithm, Suunto D5 functions as a gauge (bottom timer) in that mode. Further option to set is only:
- If you select Suunto Fused RGBM 2, you have additional options to set:
Configure what you see under the Gases menu in Suunto D5.
Turn the Multiple gases option on or off. When on, the Modify gases while diving option becomes active.
When turned off, the gas menu is simplified and easier to use with only one gas.
- Set the Gas max pO2 to manual or fixed:
- Set to fixed to have the selected value used for all gases. You cannot manually edit them in the Gases menu as it is disabled. You can select from:
- Fixed to 1.2
- Fixed to 1.3
- Fixed to 1.4
- Fixed to 1.5
- Fixed to 1.6
- Set to manual to edit the gas max pO2 for each gas individually in the Gases menu.
For Air / Nitrox, Gauge, and Free dive modes, you can create up to four custom views in addition to the fixed All day view. For Off mode you can only have a single All day view.
To customize the visual style of the mode is not possible for Suunto D5.
- For each mode you have the fixed All day view in View 1 which is the watch or time view.
- You have Default as View 2 that you can change to Tank pressure, Timer, or Compass.
- Add further views in the Add new view field and select from the drop-down.
- Modify, delete or add new customizable fields within each view of the mode. The maximum number of switch windows (switchable fields) is 15 for each view. When editing the view in DM5, you get a preview of how it will look on your Suunto D5.
- When you added the desired view(s), click Done.
- Synchronize your device to save the customizations to your Suunto D5.
- When you use the view in Suunto D5, press the lower button to cycle through these switch windows.