You can select a suitable sport mode from the predefined sport modes. Depending on the sport, different information is shown on the display during exercise. For example, the sport mode specifies whether FusedSpeedTM or plain GPS speed is used. (For more information, see FusedSpeed.) The selected sport mode also affects exercise settings, such as HR limits, autolap distance, Alti & Baro mode and recording rate.
In Movescount you can create more custom sport modes, edit the predefined sport modes and download them to your device.
During exercise the predefined sport modes give you information that is useful for that particular sport:
- Cycling: speed, distance, cadence and heart rate related information
- Mountaineering: altitude, distance and speed related information (60 sec GPS fix)
- Alpine skiing: altitude, descent and time related information
- Trekking: distance, altitude, heart rate and chronograph related information (60 sec GPS fix)
- Triathlon: combination of outdoor swimming, cycling and running related information
- Running: pace, heart rate and chronograph related information
- Pool swimming: average stroke rate, max. pace, average SWOLF
- Openwater swim: average stroke rate, max. pace
- Other sports: speed, heart rate and altitude related information
- Indoor training : heart rate related information (without GPS)
SWOLF is used to calculate swimming efficiency. It is a combination of swim time and number of strokes over a specific pool length.