How to enable gas consumption metering
When you customize your Suunto D5 in Suunto app to include the gas consumption info field in the switch window, this information will always be available and visible during a dive where you use the gas to which the Tank POD is attached.
Make sure the tank size is correct.
To enable gas consumption metering:
- Add the gas consumption field to your custom dive mode in Suunto app.
- Install and pair a Suunto Tank POD.
- When you have selected the correct gas and returned to the main time view, keep the middle button pressed to enter the menu.
- Scroll to Gases with the lower button and select with the middle button.
- Scroll to the gas you just selected from your Tank POD and select with the middle button.
- Scroll to Tank size and select with the middle button.
- Check the tank size and change the size with the upper or lower button as needed. Confirm the change with the middle button.
- Keep the middle button pressed to exit the menu.
For accurate gas consumption, you must define the tank size. Not defining the tank size leads to incorrect gas consumption readings.