How to customize dive modes with Suunto app
To customize Suunto D5:
- Download and install Suunto app from the app store of your iOS/Android mobile device.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone and let the app find the available Suunto devices.
- Pair your Suunto D5 with the app.
- Select Dive mode customization. You can create new dive modes and modify existing ones.
When creating or modifying dive modes, you need to synchronize the changes with your Suunto D5 to save the settings to your device. Synchronization is done automatically when changes are detected and you can also start it manually.
Dive mode customization includes the following steps:
Customizing dive mode name
- Add your custom dive mode name. The maximum length of the name is 15 characters.
- Use something short and simple that helps you identify the features and information that you have customized in this mode.
Defining dive style and type
- Select Freediving for freediving and Scuba diving for all other dives.
- For more information, see the detailed dive mode descriptions under Dive modes.
- Set the settings which you need for your dive (e.g., stops, alarms, notifications).
- Note that setting options are available depending on the selected dive style and type.
- See the respective sections of the user guide for more information on each setting.
- Create up to four custom views in addition to the fixed All day view for each dive mode.
- Note that in Off mode only the All day view is available.
- Select a new view from the list of stored views. No deco (Default), Compass, Tank pressure and Timer views are available for you.
- Modify, delete or add new customizable fields within each view.
- For more information about the views in different dive modes, see the respective sections under Dive modes.
Adding and editing gases
- Configure what you see under the Gases menu in your Suunto D5 device.
- Turn Multiple gases on or off.
- When Multiple gases is on, add new gases.