We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Device development team in Vantaa, Finland.
Do you want to have a positive impact on the way people live an active and adventurous life? We, at Suunto, build the most reliable and robust products that our consumers take to their adventures in the deepest oceans and the highest mountains.
This is a Product Development Engineer position in our Mechanics Team. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the high-tech consumer solutions for global markets in a challenging technology environment. In addition to mechanics development the Device team also works on electronics development and device testing. In this team you can participate in creating an amazing consumer product from the start to the finish.
Interested? Keep on reading.
Responsibility areas in this role are
- Leading mechanics design activities in product programs
- Organizing and planning mechanics design, priorities, scheduling and unit testing
- Product level mechanical robustness and reliability
- Cross-functional co-operation with other teams in the organization
- Mechanical engineering documentation maturity and traceability in PDM
- Communicating mechanics related topics in product programs
What we expect from the candidate
- Wide mechanical engineering knowledge base
- Excellent capability of handling complex, device level mechanical structures and solutions
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills in Finnish and English
- Positive and solution driven attitude
- Excellent 3D modelling skills
- Excellent simulation utilization skills
- Previous history in working with electromechanical design
- Basic understanding of PDM
What we offer to you
We offer an excellent working environment with great colleagues in a heart of sporting life. We have a team full of professionals in their own area and we offer excellent learning environment to develop your career and skills further with a world-class Amer Sports team.
Suunto is part of Amer Sports’ Connected Devices and Digital Services category. Within this category we continuously experiment with new technologies and introduce digital solutions to the Amer Sports’ brand family.
If you feel you are the right talent for this role, apply now via this link. Latest date to apply is 11th of December 2019. We will go through applications immediately as they start arriving.
For further information reach out to hiring manager, Ossi Lehtinen, Lead of Mechanical Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile 050-4840048.