We are looking for a Sourcing Manager to join Suunto Sourcing and Procurement team in Vantaa, Finland
Do you want to have a positive impact on the way people live an active and adventurous life? We, at Suunto, build the most reliable and robust products that our consumers take to their adventures in the deepest oceans and the highest mountains. We are now looking for a Sourcing Manager in Electronics Manufacturing Services.
You are part of our Sourcing and Procurement team in Suunto Supply Chain Management organization. Sourcing and Procurement team at Suunto is responsible for building a long-term relationships and capabilities with the key component suppliers and service providers for ensuring Suunto´s continuous profitability and competitiveness.
In this role, you will manage the relationship with named suppliers for Suunto. You will manage sourcing and commercial (contract) activities with named component suppliers for Suunto in a cost effective and with high quality. You will lead the sourcing of new technologies for Suunto in the named responsibility areas (in cooperation with Technology Sourcing Manager and Technology Solutions team). Part of your work is also to develop relationship and future capabilities of suppliers to support Suunto growth and profitability.
Interested? Keep on reading.
- Manage and develop the performance of suppliers and implement continuous improvement plans
- Accountable for Commodity material availability, quality, technology and total cost development
- Provide effective sourcing support for Suunto manufacturing entities by ensuring material availability timely with right cost and high quality
- Provide sourcing support for Product Development, by providing competitive supplier alternatives and ensuring competitive supplier approvals and selections.
- Define, document, develop and implement supplier and commodity strategy
- Negotiate Supply Agreements
- Exhibit strong leadership to foster a customer orientation, quality mindset and continuous improvement cultures of Suunto
We expect the suitable candidate to have the following qualifications and skills:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s level education in the field of electronics engineering, industrial engineering, economics or similar
- Proven track record for similar positions in the area of Sourcing and Procurement
- Several years of experience in global electronics business in Sourcing, R&D, Manufacturing or similar
- Great negotiation and presentation skills
- Analytical and systematic way of working
- Excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills
- Results- and business-oriented attitude
- A good command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge and experience on practical level for China culture, language and business environment preferred
To be successful, you will need to seamlessly collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as sourcing & procurement-, manufacturing & engineering-, product creation-, sales & marketing- and IT teams, as well as other external stakeholders. As a person you are a systematic and persistent team player, who is not afraid of challenges in a changing business environment.
Suunto offers an excellent working environment with great colleagues in the heart of sporting life. We strive to create a workplace characterized by our values – determined to win while showing team spirit, fair play and innovation.
If you feel you are the right talent for this role, apply now via this link by December 13th 2019. For further information, please contact Mr. Harri Mölsä at +358 50 517 6118 on December 9th at 16:00-17:00 or December 11th at 16:00-17:00.
If you want a feeling for what it’s like to work for Suunto, you can check out #suuntolife at Instragram.